Air France Premium Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• bluemooner
    Participant

Recently flew CDG to JNB return. Booked Premium Economy. 2 days before outbound, I was offered by e mail, a paid upgrade into business class which I accepted and paid for, as it was reasonable value. The seat was very comfortable and although the seat goes flat, I found an excellent sloping position for sleeping.
    On my return, no upgrade was offered, so took up my seat in Premium Economy cabin. The shape of the seat and the positioning of the seat was good, but the seat padding I found almost as uncomfortable as Economy class. Had to keep getting up to avoid a “numb bum”
    This is a great shame as the rest of the service/flight was very good. Any other travellers had similar issues or is it my personal”lack of padding”

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Sadly I have too much natural padding to require extra padding.

Great insights into AF PE and J though. Many thanks.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Nice to see my feelings confirmed….economy and economy plus are almost equally uncomfortable….but with an unjustified price increase for economy plus. Business class is a different and much nicer beast…

stevescoots
    Participant

I have a natural…lack of padding, to the pint where most eco seats give me severe bum ache and lower back pain. I travel with a small inflatable pillow i discreetly let slide down from lumber position to under my bum 🙂

bluemooner
    Participant

Alex_F, cannot be too often that the “extra padding” comes as a benefit!!!!
    PeterCoultas, comforting to know I’m not the only one suffering.
    Stevescoots, will try that next time, but it’s ridiculous one has to, when paying a significant amount extra.

Swissdiver
    Participant

AF Premium Eco seat is actually horrendous. And food is hardly better than economy. That said, special menus can be ordered out of CDG and are worth it. And you get the fast track, which is very enjoyable. So for 6 hours day flight, it is OK. I always upgrade on the way back, either using the once a while (max once per quarter to my understanding) great offer or miles, since AF allows upgrade with miles at the airport.

bluemooner
    Participant

Swissdiver Thanks for the info. I found the dinner not too bad but breakfast was truly awful.
    Interesting to hear that the upgrade offer is about once a quarter, as we travel 2 to 3 times a year on this route.
    Presume you can upgrade with miles at any time. Curious as to why you would leave it until you get to the airport, business class could be full especially if they are offering good priced upgrades in the last few days?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls