Air France – possible strike on March 7

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

If planning to use Air France in the early part of March be aware that the CGT union has called for a strike on March 7. The strike is to do with the level of executive pay at the airline.

Of course the strike may not eventually take place but it is wise to be prepared.

In a statement CGT says, “Air France employees in many areas of the company are shocked by the 67% increase in compensation for Air France’s 14 senior executives who share the wealth created by the more [most ?] employees who collect crumbs.”

News item [FR] from leparisien.fr

http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/la-cgt-air-france-appelle-a-la-greve-le-7-mars-26-02-2017-6714129.php#xtor=AD-1481423554

canucklad
    Participant

I had to re-read your article Alex.
    Then I read the Le Parisean article to confirm my alleged misread. .

At first I thought it read 6.7 % increase and thought that’s a bit rich.
    It actually reads 67% .

Sacre Bleau!!

And here’s me thinking that our leaders of industry were outrageous : )

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Air France claims that its 14 senior most executives are only getting an increase of some 17.6% rather than the 41% or 67% claimed by the Communist-run Confederation Generale des Travailleurs trades union. This is in contrast with a 5-year wage freeze, job cuts and loss of benefits experienced by the proles. So that’s alright then!

I assume that AF’s senior management team are indulging in some “catch up” with salaries paid to their Anglo-Saxon counterparts and have been taking some coaching from Willy Walsh on how to improve industrial relations in the workplace.

trident3
    Participant

Any more news about this possible AF strike on March 7 ?
    Their website is silent on this,referring only to an ATC strike
    in S/SW France starting 6 March

T3

AMcWhirter
    Participant

According to Lesechos.fr the Air France strike on March 7 is set to go ahead. No further details are available.

Another Air France strike, this time by cabin staff only, could take place between March 18 and March 20.

https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-services/services-conseils/0211850836150-greves-en-serie-dans-le-ciel-francais-2069738.php#xtor=CS1-33

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls