Air France must not compete with SNCF’s TGV

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1000008]There is no longer any need for short-haul flights since high-speed trains are faster, less polluting and arrive directly into city centres with no need for an airport shuttle ride.[/quote]

Not always, I was able to leave my West London office as late as 5.30 and be enjoying a pint in my local village pub in West Lothian no later than 9.00pm , usually 8.30ish
    If i took that same journey by train , to my local station , I’d have to leave at 4 and struggle to get home before the pub shut !
    Oh, and I’d still have time for a few drinks in the lounge before flying north

jjlasne
    Participant

This would be on an LHR/EDI flight on BA for 1.5hr. Would the reason be that the rail network in GB has not kept up with modernization and high-speed upgrades?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Not sure whether the two are connected but SNCF is boosting capacity between Paris and Lyons.

This is one of the routes which Air France has agreed to drop (for point-to-point travellers). The situation for connecting travellers via CDG is not finalised as far as I am aware.

SNCF will operate TGV Ouigo Paris-Lyon from July 4

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls