Air France lie flat is a LIE

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• UpandAway
    Participant

VK, did you get much time to sleep between CDG and LHR then?

samuel95
    Participant

I fail to see how Air France is ‘breaking the law’ when they never marketed their Business Class product as fully-flat in the first place.

Senator
    Participant

StephenDoyle, they simply poured a nice measure of Cognac and off I went to la-la-land.

Joke aside, it was a very nice sleep. It is a bit strange with the 3 rows of seats, all angled towards centre of aircraft. Makes viewing out window impossible and not good for conversation. As sleep goes, it was excellent.

oldchinahand
    Participant

I find that the business class seats on the better 4 and 5 star airlines seem still all to have considerable short comings.
    Also it is annoying to have to always check on seat plan web sights to find if the ‘lie flat’ bed promised, with airlines on which I don’t normally travel is in fact the fully lie flat bed that appeared from the web site sales blurb to be offered. Almost always to be disappointed by their marketing slight of hand to find that the seat is in fact a herringbone,ski slope or a do- it- yourself kit with minimal recline

Clearly no one has yet told AF that the ‘ski slope’ seat melted a few years ago. Its introduction some ten years late rather sums up the AF offerings.

Cathay Pacific and others introduced the ‘ski slope’ type lie flat type seats about nine years ago and at that time they were the best seat type available.I found them reasonably comfortable but could only ever manage 2 or 3 hours sleep before gravity to hold and caused me to crumple towards the floor and wake up.
    Fortunately for us all business class seat technology has progressed to the ‘fully lie flat seat of which the BA club world seat is one of the best (even if it is a degree or two from being flat) the compromise here being that window and middle 2 seats always face backwards.

The fully flat herringbone seats of CX VS NZ etc are for many an unacceptable compromise and at there worst (CX) akin to a coffin. The SQ type seat has the drawback of very limited recline and will not seamlessly convert to a bed and most of the rest of the offerings experienced are not fully flat beds although the Qantas seat although narrow and hard seems the best of these

Living in Hong Kong I have great hopes that the new CX business seat to be progressively introduced from March ticks all of the boxes ( First route is HKG-SYD A330). Its long, wide ,fully flat, good storage, forward facing and all seats have direct aisle access. The mock-up that I experienced seemed to be close to the perfect business class seat but the proof will in the pudding and I’m looking forward to testing it on the next trip to Aust

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls