Air France had fistfight in cockpit

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

2 Air France pilots suspended after fighting in cockpit https://news.yahoo.com/2-air-france-pilots-suspended-172413906.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

Classic!

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

The report in France raised serious concerns about Air France´s culture on air safety. A recent flight from JFK which the got into a problem landng at CDG because the pilots ignored SOP´s not to mention the flight that crashed into the ocean heading to Paris from Rio again because the pilots did not follow SOP´s when the pitot tubes froze. IS Air France an accident waiting to happen again?

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

So typically French -they’ve been at it for years.
    Clearly no Brits around !

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Pretty worrying

Air France Under Scrutiny Over Safety Incidents

Two pilots have recently been suspended after a cockpit fight, bringing to light new concerns over poorly observed safety protocols at the French airline.

“…The news of the fight has come amid broader concerns about flight safety at Air France. A few days ago, French investigators issued a report (in French) (https://bea.aero/fileadmin/user_upload/F-GZCJ-VF.pdf) saying the airline’s pilots lacked rigor in following safety procedures.

“Investigators said several recent incidents suggested “that a certain culture has been established among some Air France crews, favoring a propensity to underestimate the benefits of a strict application of procedures for safety.”

“The news of the fight and the publication of the report come at a critical time for Air France, which is facing involuntary manslaughter charges in an upcoming trial over the crash of a 2009 flight from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. The trial is scheduled to begin on Oct. 10…”

Air France Crash AF447 – Long Hunt for Answers

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/business/2014/10/air-france-flight-447-crash

Frederic
    Participant

surprise to note that so far nobody mentionned the pilot and co-pilot of ETHIOPIAN sound asleep on a Khartoum / Addis Abeba flight, who forgot to land !!
    typical of your strong anti-French bias

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The topic thread is about Air France.

If you would like to start a thread on that Ethiopian incident, please feel free.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1230373]

The last time I flew AF was SIN-CDG in La Premiere. The lady captain was very charming, and seemed to know how to fly the plane, but I would not have picked a fight with her!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1230371]

Frederic, the concerns were raised by the French Aviation Authority (BEA) in their latest report which is there job so hardly French bashing

christopheL
    Participant

Tom, you are so British !

DannyBoy
    Participant

Once on a BA flight (short haul), I flew home with a female Captain who I later discovered was a former RAF pilot with a very senior officer rank. She communicated with professional authority and looked absolutely stunning. Nobody would dare mess with her as she would win!

She has her own Twitter page but sadly I can’t find it.

cwoodward
    Participant

She was the very best of British while DB above was more typically British it seems

jsn55
    Participant

Safety issue specifics aside, I find it chilling that professional pilots are so mentally and emotionally compromised that they can’t resolve their differences in a civilized way. These people are in charge of our lives … and they can’t even communicate with one another? Seems that the airlines need to become a bit more involved in the mental health of their pilots.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls