Air France eshopping shipping rates

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

BeachNut
    Participant

Someone is trying to make money on the shipping costs here, or their system isn’t working right.

I’ve been looking to order a suitcase using miles, from their eshopping site, which weighs 4.7kg. The Shipping Costs list in their Sales Conditions says costs to the UK from France for a max. weight of 6kg is EUR28 (I allowed a bit for the weight of the packaging). Seems reasonable…

…But when you go and order this item, they quote a shipping charge of EUR 50 which is (according to their tariff) the cost for a weight of up to 20kg. Maybe they are sending me a case full of clothes as well.

If I add another 7kg item to the order, the shipping cost goes to EUR 108 — but ordered individually they are EUR 50 each.

emails remain unanswered.

Anyone had similar experience ?

BeachNut
    Participant

Their explanation :

“The additional costs (services and shipping) are calculated at the time of the order. The shipping charges are computed with the country of delivery, the weight and also the volume of the luggage and cardboard. Also the weight that you have on the website on each product is NET WEIGHT”.

So I’ll be weighing it when it arrives ! That must be heavy cardboard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls