Air France B777-300ER (Config. 3) Affaires (Business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

talparis
    Participant

HAV to CDG. Leaving HAV at around 20:30 after the airline informed me by SMS & E-Mail that the schedule was changed to 21:30. When I arriving at checkin 1H30 prior, I was informed that the flight is already boarding and checkin is closed. A visit to the AF office persuaded the personal to issue me with a boarding pass. Rushing through immigration & security with my suitcase, I have arrived as the door was closing. So no time for lounge experience. I was seated in 01E on a fairly empty flight, an aisle seats in a middle row of 3 with the centre seat free for me to use and my suitcase in the bin above the seat opposite.

Champagne & water was offered before take-off. Given that this was a night flight with a late morning arrival, Menus for supper & Breakfast were also handed. Noise canceling headphones are already at your seat with a bottle of water and modest amenity kits. Supper was served fairly straight after take-off into the humid night air.

On this flight the crew were extremely helpful & friendly and wore smart navy outfits. As the cabin was only half full, supper was quickly served. There was a small menu consisting of green salad and a plate of sliced cold lobster and grilled red peppers fallowed by a choice of 3 main courses, Beef filet, prawns, fish or chicken all served with different potato, rice & veg selections. Cheese & bread rolls were offered afterwards. For afters there was a chocolate mouse cake and some sherbets. The food was of OK quality but lack in presentation, a pity the fish was a little bland.

After supper I settled down with the IFE system. Plenty of choices to keep most people entertained for hours, but same as on the incoming flight. So I caught up on the couple of movies I’d missed out befor. The lie flat seat was not fully flat and set at 75% angle for sleep and a bit short for my 6’2″ length. 2 mild sleeping pills helped me to snooze off for 5 hours.

Waking up over Normandy the view was a treat and quite mesmerizing. A disappointing breakfast of fresh fruit, yoghurt, and some baked goods was served. Then it was time to freshen up, and straighten ourselves before landing at CDG.

Arriving at Terminal 2D was like a step back in time. Those cramped narrow walkways give away its age. Finally getting to immigration on a fast track, the trip was over.

Overall a mediocre business product that did not ticked most of the boxes. An aircraft with an urgent need of a refit, to be in line with the A380’s much better experience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls