Air France A380 Affaires (Business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

HappytobeSilver
    Participant

My wife and I recently flew AF business class from Paris to Johannesburg on the A380 where we were seated in 61E/F.

We connected from Edinburgh on a Cityjet flight. The lounge at CDG offered a good selection of beverages and snacks. Upon boarding we felt that the Affaires cabin was somewhat dark and claustrophobic (brown and beige seat coverings).

The seat pitch is not great and the ‘bed’ as has been previously reported is not lie flat (nor would I say even angled flat). Sleeping was pretty difficult on account of this. I found the IFE difficult to navigate my way around (and I have a reasonable understanding of the French language).

The service offered by the cabin crew was excellent and the food was tasty if perhaps overcomplicated for my palate. The breakfast omelette was however cold when served.

The toilets on board, apart from the one at the front of the business cabin, were very cramped.

The A380 has at the front right of the business cabin a ‘lounge space’. This is certainly an error in the way that AF has chosen to fit out its A380 aircraft as there is no buffet/bar there nor any proper seating. The space to my mind could have been better used had another toilet been installed there.

We connected on a South African Airways A340-600 to Cape Town which was configured for their longhaul product which was definitely more comfortable to my mind than that offered by Air France.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls