Air France A340-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Rio lacks sufficient seating landside and really feels quite tired.

The worst part about this flight though was passing through security due to there being only 2 police on duty to check the passports of several hundred people leaving on several large widebodies. Apparently the rostered police simply didn't turn up. Led to the worst delays I've ever experienced (2-3 hours to get through) and getting information in the meantime was like pulling teeth.

The flight itself should have been a 773 but instead was a tired old A343, with parts of the roof lining hanging down and the usual problem of IFE boxes under seats leaving no comfortable sitting position, let alone sleeping position.

The aircrew were pleasant enough and the food standard and a delayed arrival of the plane at Rio meant all of us stranded in the security queue actually made the flight. Good thing about flying in to CDG is the relatively short distance to connect to onward flights.

I know this situation at Rio was unusual but my advice is to be especially sure to get through security early at Rio, even though there isn't a whole lot to do airside.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user here&there can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls