Air France A318

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Had already checked in on line, but had a number of bags to check in. As instructed went to the kiosk and issued boarding passes, then went through Sky Priority to check bags in. Polite and friendly check in agent. This is in terminal 2F.

Proceeded through security, again Sky Priority, no other people so we're through quickly. Our flight departed from gate F35 so used the lounge at the end of the pier. There were plenty of seats and the offering at 1100 was still crossiants and other pastries, although there was yoghurt and small amount of fresh fruit and cold meats. We left just before 1200, the lounge becoming busier.

Arrived at gate and Sky Priority was already boarding. No welcome on board and the crew at the door were more interested in chatting amongst themselves. We had seats at row 10, I had been offered to upgrade to an extra leg room seat at a reduced rate of €3.60, but didn't bother. However row 10 is an emergency row anyway! Maybe Gold status?

The seats are of the slim line and I had the middle seats whilst my partner had the window, another passenger had the aisle, but there would have been little room if he had been in the large side! The seat is ok for the duration of the flight but nothing longer.

Once airborne a mini cheese baguette was offered and a drink, soft or tea or coffee. The baguette was quite nice and I was actually surprised to get anything on this flight.

On arrival at Amsterdam we had a fair walk to the baggage area, but even when we did get there there was still an estimated 10 minutes for bags. Our priority labeled bags were some of the first to arrive.

Overall a pleasant flight which ran on time. Our original plan was to take the train between Paris and Amsterdam but the price, in first class, was way beyond the price of economy by air and the 2nd class price was not far off the airfare.

As an aside we took a bus from our hotel to Opera and then took the Roissybus to the airport, good service and only €11.00 each. Whilst waiting for the baggage, at Amsterdam the signs said that the rail fare was €5.00 one way, however it is actually €5.10 and if you don't have enough Euro coins and pay by card then there is another 50c on top!

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user NTarrant can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls