Air China

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Okay, so we booked Air China because of cost, but never expected it to be quite as basic as it was!
    The business class cabin must have been designed by someone who had never seen comfort first hand, but had been told "lots of space and a flat bed"
    It was like lying on a wooden board covered in a layer of leather and not much padding. Inflight entertainment was limited for English speakers, but I guess you'd expect that. The food was barely edible and the service unfriendly. The biggest revaluation was that the 'first class', seats were just the same as ours, same cabin and everything, except they had a spare seat beside them!?! I would have been gutted!
    Overall I would describe the flight as 'functional' – it got us there but with no frills. I dread to think what economy must have been like.
    To be fair, the return flight was much better, with something approaching what you'd expect in business class, but despite a 4 hour transfer time in Beijing they managed to delay out luggage by 24 hours on the way out and by 3 days on the way home. Not a word of apology and despite several attempts, not even a response from customer services.
    I fly in business so that the journey is part of the holiday rather than a necessary inconvenience, but this was very disappointing. At least I know never to try this airline again!

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Videomatt can be found here

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Useful feedback.

What sectors were you flying?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls