Air China racism

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

The Air China in flight magazine “Wings of China” currently has an article that includes advice for those visiting London. Part of it states,

“London is generally a safe place to travel however precautions are needed when entering areas populated by Pakistani or Black people, we advise tourists not to go out alone at night in those areas”

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Interesting they did not suggest problems in areas with Indian people! Must admit that London has never seemed that threatening to me (even living on the edge of Balham for a time) but I would think their advice could be entirely appropriate if the Chinese tourists were to visit, for example, Dewsbury

Ahmad
    Participant

Apparently RT is the source of the news, here’s the link

http://on.rt.com/7ons

And it does include Indians. Where did you get your quote from Charles-P?

I did a quick search but couldn’t locate the actual article on the web. Has anyone seen it?

Edited: Looks like Air China has removed it from the net and recalled the magazine after the row kicked up by the article. Another news item:

http://on.rt.com/7ouf

canucklad
    Participant

Interesting Ahmad
    The link to RT is a good one. In the past I’ve stuck to our mainstream news providers.
    Up and until the Scottish independence coverage.
    My naive believe in Aunty Beebs neutrality was shattered. Brought up by the beebs war time heroics ,vividly demonstrated in umpteen classic ww2 films helping good defeat evil.

In an attempt to find facts rather than rhetoric I started to watch RT,Aljeezra etc. To my horror, I learnt how the BBC manipulated camera angles to make the NO campaign rallies seem larger and the Yes campaign rallies seem smaller. RT and Al Jeezra seemed to have a different camera angle?

Ahmad
    Participant

Canucklad,

In the Radio days the World Service was very good. But even then I used to listen to Radio Moscow and Voice of America to get different viewpoints on the same news. I guess old habits die hard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls