Air China

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ExecPlatAA
    Participant

My in laws bought 2 business class tickets on Air China Bom-PEK-SFO r/t. BOM-SFO flown and Air China informed us that they will not fly to BOM from PEK from July onwards (they fly back end of July). Options – refund of the return portion only or fly to Del. Purchasing a new one way return will far exceed the refund for sure. What additional options should I be asking Air China to look into? Partner airlines? Not sure if they will budge but thoughts welcome. Thanks

capetonianm
    Participant

The ticket is a contract for them to get the passengers back to the point of the original off point, i.e. BOM. It is their responsibility to fulfil the contract even if it means routing on a different carrier. Forcing them to do so may be more difficult than saying it.

If not, I would think the least bad option would be to fly to DEL and buy a separate ticket DEL BOM, but that is wrong and the pax should not be left out of pocket.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MarkCymru
    Participant

Other Star Alliance carriers definitely — Air India is one and flies SFO – DEL. But wouldn’t it be simpler to just agree to fly to DEL if Air China provides a connecting business class flight from DEL to BOM on AI? Transfers within the main terminal are very painless in DEL now

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls