Air Canada Toronto – Syd

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

r ryan
    Participant

Trying to decide which way to come back to Sydney from North America -either with Qantas from New York or with Air Canada from Toronto (business) I know the QF product well, have never flown AC – has anyone flown that longhaul to Syd? What are they like c/w QF? The aircraft refuels in Vancouver – does anyone know if you can stay on board or is it one of those ‘every one off and do security again” jobbies?

nm761yvr
    Participant

You can’t stay on board at YVR, unfortunately, but neither will you need to clear security again. It is a fairly quick stop there, and a number of people you will see on the first segment will not be there for the second one, as the first segment is sold as a domestic flight. You will get a domestic business class (Executive) service for YYZ-YVR leg, and an international business class (Executive First) service for YVR-SYD leg. AC has VS-type herringbone suites on most of its non-shorthaul aircraft. So you get a fully flat bed individual suite, with a large screen AVOD. Service is hit and miss sometimes, but this route is not too bad. You will get dinner on the first leg, late night supper, mid-flight snack (at your leisure) and breakfast on the second leg. Hope this helps.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Very interested to hear…

Many times i have attempted to use Star Miles to gain a seat from Canada to Australia, “No seats” that famous BMI comment, even for months ahead no matter what date.

There are options on Air New Zealand also?
    Its quite an ultra long haul, so the choice & types of service like optional meal times (as on Etihad’s 15.5 hrs AUH-SYD A la Carte food service after 1st meal).
    Not much choice of Airlines, so an interesting discussion.

TemboOne
    Participant

I can’t address the YYZ-YVR-SYD flights specifically but having flown YYZ-YVR-NRT and back on AC1/2 when it was routed through YVR in the spring, I must say it is not a pleasant experience, in either direction!

In YYZ outbound to SYD you check-in in the domestic area, although your checked baggage does get checked through to SYD. However, in YVR you DO have to again go through security prior to boarding your onward flight.

Also, while the YYZ-YVR-YYZ flight is operated by a B777-300 the onward flight to SYD will be a different aircraft, usually a B777-200.

As an AC fan I regretfully must advise against connecting through YVR, and especially in this coming February when it becomes the gateway for the Winter Olympics!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls