Air Canada Rouge (again)

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Just in case any were thinking of using ROGUE (sorry, Rouge) in the future, here are my families experiences of this airline July/August 2014.

1 – My flight, MAN to YYZ – delayed 4 hours

2 – Colleagues flight MAN to YYZ – delayed 48 hours

3 – Daughters flight from MAN to YYZ – delayed 4 hours – connection to MCO missed – luggage lost for 3 days.

4 – My wife / son’s flight, MAN to YYZ – delayed 3 hours, connection to TPA missed. Put in cheap hotel in YYZ & given a ‘take away’ food menu with CAD$10 to spend. Arrived in TPA 26 hours late – Luggage lost for 3 days.

4 – Daughters friend returned to UK, MCO / YYZ / MAN – MCO delayed by 4 hours, connection to MAN missed. Put in cheap hotel at YYZ for TWO days before they could return to UK.
    Arrived UK 2 days late.

5 – Wife / son’s return flight, TPA / YYZ / MAN – TPA delayed by 5 hours – connection to MAN missed. Arrived YYZ at 1am, made to sleep in airport between 2am-5am – told to report to ticketing at 5am.
    Sent home via LHR & LBA with an overnight stop at cheap IBIS hotel LHR.
    Arrived at IBIS, 10pm, allowed into bedroom at 11.30 because of missing email from AC – up at 4am – no food offered by AC or even available at that time.
    Finally arrived back home 2 days late….

Based on the above, it’s an airline that we will never use again, ever (yes, I know it’s easy to say but in this case…..)

Looking at Skytrax, it seems like Rouge has a frankly shocking reputation & now I can fully understand why.

SimonS1
    Participant

Another toy airline in the Flyglobespan mould it would appear.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

One has to wonder whether or not a conventional carrier (Air Canada) understands the low-cost airline business.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I saw my first AC Rouge aircraft this month on the ground at Athens, had never heard of them nor seen them before. Is this a charter division of AC or a Low Cost wing of AC as I thought they tried that already with Jazz? The reviews sound awful and from what SeasonedTraveller has written, it seems AC Rouge should be avoided.

Charles-P
    Participant

I have to say this is an airline I have heard NOTHING good about. As another poster says I’m not sure Air Canada really gets the low cost idea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls