Air Canada online booking – they quote/charge Business but deliver economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hibsicus
    Participant

Has anyone bought Business Class tickets and, when issued 5 minutes, later been given economy tickets for certain sectors?

During the weekend of February 25th I was travelling from Bangkok to Ottawa.

On three occasions Air Canada issued incorrect tickets. On one occasion they actually took my money and issued no ticket.

I have given them ample opportunity to correct the problem – with zero satisfaction.

I am almost of the opinion that I should take more action than just a “forum”.

At one point they had $20K of my money, not a single ticket correctly issued and an astonishing array of excuses.

Any one else had the same problem?

capetonianm
    Participant

Not defending them at all as I don’t know the full circumstances, but bear in mind in relation to paying a business fare but getting economy that there are circumstances where this is correct.

For example if you have a multi-segment journey, on some segments there might be no business class, on domestic sectors, but nevertheless the business class fare is applied end-to-end, as it can be less expensive. Also it would give you business class privileges throughout, such as lounge access, baggage, priority boarding.

SwissExPat
    Participant

A bit like Capetonianm, This happened me on AA a year ago. I booked Europe via London to Cayman via MIA. Bought on AA.com in F. I expected all the short connnector flights to be in C and the Trans Atlantic in F.

One of the sectors into GCM was full in F/J and I was seated in Y.

Throughout the booking, this was not made clear (especially since on AA.com I could not see and select my seat during the booking).

It was only after making the payment, and then going back into manage my booking that I could see that one sector (MIA-GCM) was in Y. The return GCM to MIA was in C as it should be. I was slightly annoyed but thought the exit row on the short flight was largely the same.

However, after flying the sectors, I was only credited (on BAEC) with Tier Points and Avios for a Y ticket on the 1 sector in Y (the others were credited correctly). I wrote an email to BAEC who referred me to AA. They said they would sort it out bit never did and I gave up.

Hence I only ever book on AA.com when I can verify the actual cabin for each sector booked.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls