Air Canada improves service to India

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Despite not having access to Russian airspace Air Canada will, effective October 27, improve flight schedules to India.

In 2022 – see link below – Air Canada had to route its Toronto-Mumbai service via London because of the Russian ban.

But from October 27 the airline will restore non-stop service Toronto-Mumbai by deploying long-range 777-200LR equipment. There will be x4 flights a week.

At the same time Air Canada will begin flying Calgary-Delhi daily via London. A 787 is deployed.

As with the former London-Mumbai service Air Canada will gain fifth freedom rights for London-Delhi.

All the above schedules are open for booking on the carrier’s website.

Air Canada to launch seasonal London-Mumbai route

BlazeBreeze
    Participant

That’s great news! Starting October 27, Air Canada is enhancing its flight schedules to India despite not having access to Russian airspace. The airline will resume non-stop Toronto-Mumbai service with four flights per week using long-range 777-200LR aircraft. Additionally, Air Canada will introduce daily Calgary-Delhi flights via London, utilizing a 787 aircraft. This move will also grant Air Canada fifth freedom rights for the London-Delhi route. All these flights are now open for booking on the airline’s website.

cwoodward
    Participant

BB I am wondering why you are repeating Alex’s above post ?

2 users thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

So I wonder what will happen to the planned 3rd daily BA to DEL if AC starts one . I get that they’re diff alliances and all, but it seems like DEL might have over capacity. Surprised both Indian and uk Govts approved

1 user thanked author for this post.

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

CW, the news so so so so exciting that it needed to be repeated twice in case we missed it the first time….

cwoodward
    Participant

Understood !

TominScotland
    Participant

As with a number of other posts that the OP repeats almost verbatim

Michael
    Participant

AC has had fifth freedom rights to a variety of destinations from London for probably more than 70 (?) years so rather than a “grant” of fifth freedom this route is a “use” of longstanding rights. The airline can likely fill the flights just with Canada-originating traffic so its entry is probably not a concern to BA or others already on the route.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Indeed Michael.

I posted the news piece above dating a couple of years ago re fifth-freedom for LHR-BOM.

But I can also remember the time years ago when AC operated fifth-freedom services LHR-BOM-SIN.

Of course it’s not serious competition for those already on the LHR-DEL route but it is another option for customers.

After all UK-India is recognised as a price conscious market and one which is growing year by year.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls