Air Canada B777-200LR Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

PaisleyCollins
    Participant

I just got off a 5 hour flight from Toronto to Vancouver and am still sore from the tight, little box Air Canada calls a seat. It was appalling. I was not able to book a seat in Premium Economy ( where the seats are standard size) so was forced into economy at the regular and yet still expensive rate.

I paid extra for a preferred bulk head ( row 31) but found there was no window, the extra space was full of people waiting for the washroom and I had to either lean forward or lift my hands above my head to not bang shoulders with my neighbour in the seat beside me. Neither of us could eat without hitting the other.

On top if that (remembering I paid extra for the seat), I had to store my personal belongings in the overhead bin as there was no seat in front under which I could put my bag And, the entertainment systems had to be shut down for take off and landing. I was able to peak at other’s screens who has not paid extra for their tight, little overcrowded box seats.

I was told that Air Canada added 109 seats to economy. It’s disgusting. God help those flying even longer distances. Make sure you have a good chiropractor.

I never thought I would be looking to book older planes just so I won’t have my seat neghbour in my lap and a compacted pelvis to enjoy holidays with.
    Shame on you greedy Air Canada.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi PaisleyCollins

Ditto above, should be made to call their “Y” class, either steerage, 4th class or better still “cattle truck class”

You should vent your feelings here….

jhttp://help-aircanada.com/aircanada-help/createIssue.do?lang=ENU

JohnHarper
    Participant

There seems to be a lot of adverse publicity about the latest AC 777, given the seating density that is hardly surprising. C does not seem to fare any better.

I wonder if we will see an about turn or not.

canucklad
    Participant

Well JH, i’ll tell you the first thing that should happen

They should have their coveted 4 star rating removed for a start.

andystock
    Participant

Was it 3-4-3 in economy? Thankfully BA, Qatar and Cathay Pacfic are still 3-3-3 in economy on the 777. I refuse to fly Emirates 777 as they are 3-4-3.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I wonder if they will retain the accolade of best airline in North America?

I would put my money on AA getting it with their new and excellent products.

I believe SIA are also 3-3-3 in economy.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Believe its 3-3-3 as AC’s 777-200LRs were delivered before the days of 3-4-3 seen on its very latest 777-300ERs.

canucklad
    Participant

And Alex…. The most galling thing of all with, what was my preferred “Y” choice back to BC is that they have the cheek to treat people like battery hens on their longest “300ER” flight sectors.

The OP was bemoaning YYZ to YVR, try YYZ to HKG or my route across the pole.

And JH, please don’t think I’m being cheeky but surely you’re question is rhetorically asked in jest?

sparkyflier
    Participant

Air Canada is really joining the race in lowering standards, perhaps in conjunction with their partner United. A former colleague of mine used to fly to Canada mainly on AC in both J & Y, but has really gone off them, one reason being on one flight he was on a new 77W with the new 10 across config. He went there roughly 4 times a year.Going forward his bookings are with BA and even KLM which he will try out.

It is worth noting that Delta has announced excellent financial results and profits recently. What is interesting about this is that not only is their J a decent one, but they have not dropped standards in Y, or packed in more seats, but have invested in this class. This is literally paying dividends.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: AC’s new B777-300ER.

I also find it worrying that so few toilets are provided on this high-density aircraft. Not just in the 10-across economy cabin but in Y+ and J too.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Air-Canada/seatplans/B777-300ER-(three-class)-1

CXDiamond
    Participant

Business class on the AC 773 is also getting very bad reviews. It seems the density is almost worthy of BA.

SergentMajor
    Participant

I also find it worrying that so few toilets are provided on this high-density aircraft.

Are the people in the cheap seats potty trained?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Small point but if you paid extra for a Bulk Head seat then naturally there won’t be a seat in front of you with which to put belongings under.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It is confirmed that AC will be converting the 777-200LR and many of its original 777-300ERS (ie those that are currently disposed 3-3-3 in Y) to a 10-across layout. But the conversions will not start until late in 2015.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls