Air Canada A319-100 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

thefirstchild
    Participant

BACKROUND:
    This is the review for the return leg from a few years back of my return flight from St Johns to London. (something I forgot to mention). Rainy days had returned to Newfoundland and it was the first one of them, luckily for me. This was the only flying I did while I was alone. I had only been to other conferences in Normandy (I had to arrive late) where I took the Eurostar and Portsmouth that I did have to opt out of all together. So long flights felt strange, especially when it is 5 hours, overnight and transatlantic.

BOARDING:
    I was not impressed. I could not see a thing in the dark even with my man powered torch to hand, and it was pouring with rain. Yup there were jetways to hand but instead we had to walk half way across the Tarmac to the tiny airbus. We just happened to be ‘snug in our flying capsule’ at 2011, the year of that flight and we departed at 2013 , the year this review was written in. And by the time we were in the air this plane would be neo instead of ceo, AKA 2017. I had asked for the kosher option, but what turned up was a trefe pork fillet. The vegetarian option was a cheese and onion pasty, trefe because I had a beef sandwich for lunch, somthing that ultimately, I admit is my fault.

THE FLIGHT
    Hoping 2034 was late enough I took the pasty that was strangely sweet but enjoyable anyway and settled down to sleep in the normal bouncy chair in the location everyone hates – except for me. I slept for 3 hrs and 54 mi and woke up at 0035, daised. Thunder over the Atlantic woke me alright, and the shock to see my towl, that doubled as a duvet had been soaked from drying me and a flight attendant had removed it so I did dry. Breakfast was a vegetarian sausage (due to pressurisation reasons) with mash, or in other words, powder. There was a selection of juices that resulted in me finishing the whole planes supply of tomato juice (two small bottles) and consuming a bottle of red apple juice that you don’t get in London, along with things like English muffins and British pork (not very funny!)

ARRIVAL was at 0517 local time and despite the fact signs tried to persuade me to go to back to London via Rejkjavik I got to my first class seat on the HTHRWEXPRSS in the end.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls