Air Berlin bidding system

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

I have just read the article where Air Berlin are allowing passesngers the opportunity to bid for upgrades to Business Class. I think is is truely innovative, really wish British Airways would consider this, especially in the light of the threads about airport upgrades.

What a great for for passengers to tell the marketing departments of the major carriers what value they place on an upgrade, food for thought !

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Jeffery

Yes it is an interesting concept but I would imagine Air Berlin has simply copied the concept from AbuDhabi’s Etihad which owns almost 30 per cent of the Berlin-based carrier.

Etihad has been operating an auction system for upgrades since 2012. One of our Forum contributors, Marcus, is a fan.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I certainly am.
    Having bought business class tyickets return London via AUH to Sydney, the uogrades we got to First were terrific value at around £500 each, for this ultra-long 15 hrs sector.

I would not make bids though for anything other than Overnight or long / Ultra long haul flights.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

It is not just Air Berlin and Etihad. In the last few months I have had similar offers from Brussels Airlines and from CSA, and I am sure there are others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls