Air Baltic

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

PavelMikhaylov
    Participant

My wife and I were flying on this airline in October of 2012.

A few days before the flight I made an on-line credit card payment of 20 euros for one check-in luggage that we intended to have. On the day of our flight at the registration counter in the Vienna airport we were requested to pay 30 euros fee for the piece of luggage that we wanted to check in. They apparently did not see our credit card payment in their system! And in addition, a copy of an invoice that we presented (per Airbaltic instructions) did not impress them at all.

From the counter we were directed to another window where we continued on insisting that we had paid for the luggage in advance. The whole incident lasted for a while before it was resolved, I think due to our firm position. But it certainly has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I can’t prove that Airbaltic intentionally runs a scam when an airline’s handling agent at the airport (“Celebi” in this particular case at the airport in Vienna) says that he or she is not able to see your advance on-line payment, but it surely looks and feels like that.

I’ve e-mailed the Airbaltic customer relations department about this incident. In my message I also pointed out a few other deficiencies, particularly handling passenger identification and payment related information. These deficiencies intentionally or unintentionally put a passenger into inferior dependent position. I listed their system (web site) inability to recognize a legitimate “booking reference” and “family name” information.

I listed their advice “YOU WILL NEED YOUR INVOICE TO SUCCESSFULLY REGISTER YOUR BAGGAGE AT THE AIRPORT” as misleading and legally untrue. An invoice by itself is not a proof of payment. I listed their incomplete, lacking of relevant information payment confirmation e-mail distributed from <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]. I’ve received a brief apology in a response e-mail shortly after. Nothing else.

Pierre
    Participant

A very bad airline..
    No onboard service, the check in is a mess, luggage check in is a costly nightmare.
    Price shown never include the EXTRAS they will charge you.
    The ground staff is unpleasant. The explanations for the costs related to handling are not given a professional & polite way..
    Crews always look bored & tired.
    I am travelling to the Baltics next week, and do whatever possible to avoid this airline.
    Everything shows they are short with money & high fare passengers. To me, they are close to the collapse..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls