Air Astana

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

PAS3295
    Participant

There is an incorrect set of choices for aircraft from Air Astana. The missing aircraft from the list is the Embraer 190, and probably, the Fokker could well be removed from the list.

The Embraer 190 I flew out of Ust-Kamenogorsk on the 11th of January 2012 (KC0346) was a little more cramped than the Airbus A320 that I flew in on, although I understand that the more common aircraft used on this route is the Embraer 190.

The flight took off promptly (perhaps because a “very important” person was arriving in Ust-Kamenogorsk that morning and the airport was cleared) and the service was efficient and pleasant.

Again, as in my previous review, the food was a simple “sandwich’, which was more like a flat Cornish pasty, but very nice, with all the usual juices, tea and coffee available. Before departure and before landing, the cabin crew distributed simple sweets that we could suck on to ameliorate the change in pressure for those affected.

Again, I will make the two points that incur black marks against Air Astana and that is the lack of web check-in for passengers 60 years of age and over and the apparent “making up the rules as we go along” attitude of regional offices, but as I have said previously, these are management problems, however, their implementation mars the overall good work of the crew of the aircraft (flight and cabin crew) who strive to do their best under what can only be described as often trying conditions especially during the winter months.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls