Air Asia online booking – from Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I’ve been trying to book an internal flight (with Air Asia) for my forthcoming visit to Thailand. Couldn’t complete the booking using Air Asia online, tried both IE and Chrome, neither would let me go further than putting my name in. When I tried to use their slider (to prove I was not a robot), the system failed… (perhaps I am robot)…

Called my colleague in BKK, he tried on line from his office, and hey presto, using my Amex, managed to book.

The other curious part, the THB price came in below £100, yet the US$ price came in well over £100..

capetonianm
    Participant

This topic has come up before, and it results from airlines being able to identify the point of enquiry and thus restrict the sale of seats to particular yield management classes which would give higher revenue. This is a typical case, that the price where the sale takes place in the USA is higher than in an Asian country.

Another possible way round this is to use a VPN to change where the system thinks you are.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls