Air Asia flight missing

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems an AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore, an Airbus 320, has lost contact with air traffic control and is missing.

I really hope they find the plane soon and all are ok. I also hope this does not become a mystery like the MH plane.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems crew requested higher altitude and different flight path due to turbulence. Unconfirmed reports of wreckage being found. Unlike MH search and rescue started within minutes of contact being lost.

Communipaw
    Participant

It was reported that storms in the area were topping at 52,000 feet.

The plane has been cruising at 32,000 feet.

peter19
    Participant

Another very unfortunate situation for a Malaysian based airline. Thoughts go out to all those affected and can only hope some further information comes to light soon.

canucklad
    Participant

News reports saying objects found by Australian spotter planes. All very sad indeed.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Once again in such a sad situation the parasites in the media, both print and TV, fail to give any respect to the families of those missing. Why do grieving families need to run the the gauntlet of TV cameras and photographers? It’s not a ‘kin red carpet premiere.
    Two questions. One, why can’t the airports restrict access to terminals and associated buildings to the media at times such these. Two, as part of an airlines contingency planning for these occasions, is not possible for relatives to be taken care of in an off airport location away from prying eyes and in privacy

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree Harry, and just as bad are all the armchair captains and so called experts giving their opinion all over the media.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Air Asia has just announced the suspension of its Surabaya-Singapore route.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/01/02/qz-subsin-jan15/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Latest news from Asia is that the route was suspended because the Indonesian govt has frozen/revoked the Subaya-Singapore route permit for Air Asia Indonesia.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

I’m reading that they apparently didn’t have permission to ply the route on Sundays and flew anyway.

That i find unbelievable. What about slots at the airports & esp Changi? I mean, a plane flying from A to B is not the same as a relative coming to visit unannounced. If Air Asia wasn’t allowed to fly the route on Sundays then how could they still sell the route and fly on Sunday anyway?
    So basically EK could fill an A380 for a 6th daily flight to LHR and just take off even though they don’t have the slots at LHR?

Someone enlighten me because the story about Air Asia not having permission to fly isn’t adding up.

MrMichael
    Participant

Whether they had permission to fly or not I think it has no bearing on the tragic events.

Poshgirl58
    Participant

LetsFlyNow – totally agree with you. You are right about slots, flight plans, etc. Unless AirAsia requested and got the okay for an extra flight. If they didn’t, then it has a very serious bearing on what happened. There’s too much speculation by “armchair experts”, hopefully the true experts will find the answers and quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls