Air Asia experiences

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

By the way,if you jump from your room window at Le Meridien Kuala ,u fall in KL Sentral Station (as it is written in Malay)……..however u need a 20 min ride by taxi to the heart of KL ..

skyguy79
    Participant

Having watched AirAsia on the UK tv show Stansted:The Inside Story, Air Asia seem a very efficient and well organised airline so I am surprised to read all this.
    As one reader correctly says you don’t pay for Ryanair and expect Singapore Airlines !
    Also my own personal dealings with CEO Tony have always been efficient,pleasant and excellent.
    Drop him a line if things have gone wrong : <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

vanguardmd80
    Participant

“I flew Air Asia, what a mess! service was great, eight hour delay! no aplogies! I am a F/A of 25 years-yes I paid for my ticket!

theworldtraveller
    Participant

i flew with air asia last year – the service was good, none of the unpleasant scrummage of the low cost UK operators, it was on time and the plane was new – what more do you want ? Oh yes, it was very cheap even with the extra baggage I paid for – got 10/10 from me and I travel alot

VivaVida
    Participant

I flew with AirAsia for the fist time a couple of months ago RT from Bangkok to Penang for a weekend. I’ve never flown a Low Cost Carrier before and was pleasantly surprised. The two of us paid an extra 250 baht each, each way ( if I recall the amount correctly) and pre-slected the aisle seats on the first row. Plenty of room, pleasant staff both at check in and on board. Flights left on time. We chose Air Asia not so much for the price as for the schedule, Thai’s schedule to Penang being really inconvenient. and the AirAsia price was a pleasant bonus.

OzTraveller
    Participant

The original post was regarding Air Asia X – the long haul operation of Air Asia. Travelling 2 hours on Air Asia and travelling 10 hours on Air Asia X are 2 totally different scenarios. From someone who has done both, believe me, there is a difference. My suggestion to anyone contemplating Air Asia X – check out Premium Economy fares and comfort first.

fiscalsw
    Participant

Have done the PER – STN in premium, and loved it. Also have done PER – DPS in economy (exit and ordinary) and again fine and on time.

Sometimes delays can happen, especially when natural disasters occur, and I have noticed that they try to keep as close to an ongoing schedule, which means that with limited aircraft some delays can be long.

This may be eased when new aircraft are delivered in the next two years.

1968andrea
    Participant

Have flown Air Asia STN- KUL and return. Obviously for the cost you have to forgo your glass of champagne and refinements but for the cost we paid was well worth it and the service was acceptable and on-time.

On the shorter Asian routes we have found Air Asia extrememely efficient but without personality, yet for an hour or two what more do you need.

we were caught in KUL with the Ash scenario last year and the response from air Asia was far better than others experienced with the major carriers.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls