Air Asia experiences

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

• Deleted User
    Participant

WHisch ever search engine I tried, it kept on taking me to the Air Asia website that would not accept my booking.

I then tried a company that appeared from nowhere on my screen zuji.com.hk and within 3 minutes, all was booked, seats reserved and for an even cheaper price. Clueless to who they are, apart from a travelocity company.

I have checked with all the credit card companies I used last night with Air Asia and all were ok that nothing untoward was happenng with credit cards.

Has anyone else heard are used of zuji.com.hk

hazinheira
    Participant

We flew with Air Asia in Dec. ‘09/Jan. ’10 (HKG-KUL-LGK-KUL-REP-KUL-MFM) and our impressions were good: on time boarding (except for one of the segments), new aircrafts (cleanliness varied), comfortable seats, professional crew and good on-board safety.

There was a clear security issue when boarding, since in KUL LCCT one could board any aircraft in the tarmac ready for boarding, without having his BP checked! Also, the curry smell building up inside the aircrafts became unbearable in the longest flights (HKG-KUL & KUL-MFM).

The KUL LCCT isn’t for sure at the same level of a BRU or GVA, but like the name says it is a low cost terminal! The staff showed inconsistent service levels, but nothing shocking or different from past personal experiences with Ryanair, Wizzair, Finnair, UA or even Lufthansa…

It goes without saying that the prices we paid were 5x lower than what other full service carriers would charge.

In conclusion: for the price, we received what we paid for (on average for the 6 flights).

mussaman
    Participant

zuji are a popular travel website in Asia – lots of Hk and Sing expats use it… like expedia/ebookers etc from the UK really.

RobertWheatland
    Participant

I fly them almost every week and they are usually good. Its true the service is limited but its functional and friendly.

The LCCT in KL is a bit of a mess and is over capacity however the new terminal should resolve the issue. The security issue mentioned I dont agree with becuase I’m always checked either at the bottom of the steps or when boarding.

Its true Air Asia cancel routes and more of this happen whilst they maximise the returns from their fleet. I’d rather fly SQ/MH however most of the time Air Asia are much cheaper and if things dont go to plan then you end up delayed or stranded.

I’ve not lived in the UK for a while so I cant compare to Ryan Air/Easyjet etc

OzTraveller
    Participant

Have faith CMBurchhardt. Zuji is a responsible booking site here in Asia/Pacific, in fact it is a Travelocity company. From my limited experience with the AirAsia website, it is often busy. On those short interAsia flights, Air Asia is a much cheaper alternative to the likes of TG, SQ, MH etc. Generally on time but just grit your teeth and bear the flight stuffed in a sardine can. It can be chaos at the LCCT in KUL so allow plenty of time on your return flight. And remember the LCCT is on the other side of KLIA and a longer taxi ride from the city. Dont take the Express train from the city, it takes you to KLIA and not LCCT although there are coaches from the city somewhere to LCCT. I think that after this experience, you’ll be back to the mainline carriers.

Deleted User
    Participant

Hi All

My post was mainly about the Air Asia website and the difficulties in booking. The experience on the Zuji website was really good and fast. I have used Air Asia several times in the past, but not to KL.

I have just seen on the web site that the train takes an hour to get from the LCCT to Sentral. Getting in at 23.30, I guess a taxi is the better option to get to Le Meridien. How long and whats the approx cost of a taxi from LCCT to Sentral?

OzTraveller
    Participant

CMBurchhardt, all is revealed on this website.
    http://www.lcct.com.my/transportation/taxi-services/taxi-from-lcct?zenid=80a2232d9b9afcf8c0b940b5fbb4c9e8
    why would you take a taxi to Sentral Station? Not to your hotel?

Deleted User
    Participant

I was told the hotel is next to the Sentral station or is this wrong??

Thanks for the connection to the taxi service.

OzTraveller
    Participant

Ah yes … just re-read and noticed you mentioned Le Meridien. Yes it’s at Sentral. (which is not really the central business district) I recommend the Westin in KL. (personal choice always of course)

Deleted User
    Participant

The Westin would have been my first choice, but Le Meridien is easier for my client.

So I get in at 23.30 (Air Asia) presume into the LCCT, is my best option train or taxt. Speed to the hotel is more important the cost.

Any suggestions would be helpfull and appreciated.

Many thanks

OzTraveller
    Participant

taxi definately.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Burchhardt !

Why don t you opt for BKK/KUL/BKK on LH ???…they have 4 flights weekly plying that route ..you just need to ck if the schedule and days of operation suit you ..moreover ,given the fact that this is a 5th freedom leg operated by LH ,the fares are extreeeeeeemely keen ..you also stand chances of getting a seat on the upper deck in business class ..the fare for business class RT should be around GBP190 –….Eco even cheaper …..
    Cheers !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Burchhardt!

Sorry..forgot to mention that you also have RJ ,Oneworld partner Royal Jordanian plying the same route with a brand new A330-300 ….the fares are sensational even in business !..just ck the frequency ..not a daily operation !….

Cheers !

bmidcfan
    Participant

LH business class is on the lower deck front section. First cabin is spacious and always loads of empty seats. Snack meal is not up to the standard of Thai. But it’s a cheap fare for the route.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks BMIdiamondclubfan !…sorry for the glitch !..yes business class seating is towards the sharp nose of the aircraft and F on upper deck….even in F u tend to get mouthwatering fares since this is a leg that LH rarely sells ..that s why they are VERY keen to sell it ..it is an incremental revenue instead of flying from BKK with empty seats ,albeit the business class standards on LH 747-400s are rather shaky ..very old style ….but for sure far cheaper than SQ and TG ….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls