Air Arabia

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

**** DON'T EVER BOOK A FLIGHT WITH AIR ARABIA ****

I booked a flight from Erbil (Kurdistan) to Delhi (India) with Air Arabia, which was cancelled less than 2 weeks before it was due to leave.

I contacted them by email and using their online contact form on about 10 separate occasions, asking to be put on another flight. I said I'd be happy to fly on a different date, with a different airline, or even from a different airport (as long as it was close). Each email was ignored, and I was only contacted after I wrote on their Facebook page.

Even then they ignored my request. Instead of putting me on a reasonable alternative flight, they only offered me a flight from Baghdad/Basra or a refund. I didn't have an Iraqi visa, nor did I want to face the safety risk of travelling through Iraq, and a refund was no good to me as I'd then have to pay much more to book the same flight with another airline at short notice. I explained this, but rather than send a decent reply Air Arabia just issued a refund without my permission. That only happened after I sent them 3 other emails. As a result I had to cancel a nice 6 day trip to Erbil and spend 22 hours on a bus to Istanbul instead.

This was the worst service I've ever received from an airline, and having now googled Air Arabia I see that this was not a unique experience. I'd recommend everyone to seriously steer clear of these bunch of cowboys, they have no customer service skills whatsoever.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Joss can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls