Afternoon Tea in ATH-LHR flight (CE)

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• EU_Flyer
    Participant

@ Vintage Krug – 18/09/2013 07:59 GMT – You make me chuckle.

As for the ATH-LON BA service, I do this once or twice a month. In my opinion far superior to Aegean in J class. But they have never ever ever served afternoon tea on this service. It’s one hot meal and then tea and coffee afterwards. BA4ever, perhaps your friend mentioned tea and you understood it to mean afternoon tea?

The 767 service used to be great because they’d put the long haul 767s on and you’d get an old CW seat in Club Europe. If you had a Gold Card and were in Y, occasionally the CSD would put you in the WT+ cabin. The seats had AVOD and it was a huge step up from Aegean. Now they seem to have gone back to the European config 767. Very sad.

As for the afternoon tea, I’ve enjoyed it on flights to Asia and the US. It’s pretty average but I don’t mind it.

The Athens BA lounge is very average and only good for an OJ and crisps. But the T5 lounges are great.

Kala na perasis BA4ever

Yorgo51
    Participant

I feel Aegean’s seats are far more comfortable than BA’s and with a lot of extra leg room too!

Travellator

Have you been to Greece, except perhaps for Mykonos?

BA4ever
    Participant

Efharisto, Alex.
    My friend mentioned scones and jam… that’s weird… Never mind, I’m back to the morning flight for sure, LOL!
    Speaking of the 767, don’t they fly the old WT ones in the ATH-LHR-ATH route? That is no good. 🙁

Indeed Aegean’s seats are better in Economy but -IMO- you can’t beat BA’s CE and punctuality.

Knowing you knowing me BA4ever we will stick with BA on our regular runs between Athina and Londino.

I have to confess I have just witnessed the most spectac. cheekybones in my life.

BA4ever
    Participant

Definitely!!! BA forever and ever. I have enough of Aegean within Greece, no way I will expand this experience, LOL.

And where did you witness that?

From my hammock as my room is like igloo. I have lovely views of by passers and palm trees breezing in the sway. Tomorrow back to porridge. I must telephone techie man to investigate.

BA4ever
    Participant

Cool!!! (literally, LOL)

And to top cake with icing I have Diana Ross on headphones.

Speak hopefully soonish.

BA4ever
    Participant

Sounds bliss… 🙂

CplFizzle
    Participant

Anyone notice BA no longer refers to the Afternoon Tea as being ‘Dorchester inspired’?

I had afternoon tea very recently in the Sanderson Hotel (London), also known as the Mad Hatter’s Afternoon Tea and it was totally lush! BA should take inspiration from here instead much more modern and up to date.

One of the problems with BA’s food service in Club is that it rarely looks appealing especially the Afternoon Tea and the sarnies in the packaging. However instead of just giving out 3 x finger sandwiches the should make it 4

edited

I am also not the biggest fan of scones. I would happily just have tea, sandwiches and a mini cake selection.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls