AF/KLM Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

• dailytraveller
    Participant

you are lucky,i’m ba gold,almost premier and they have not replied yet

application sent also on march 23…

BlackTower
    Participant

No conditionality. They are total idiots I’m gold with BA and BMI.

I will not travel with them until the card arrives, why should I?

PatJordan
    Participant

alwaysreadytofly,

My email application came back because they couldn’t access some of the attachments I sent.

After some detective work, I found the following address for Flying Blue:

Flying Blue,
    F-94852
    Irvy-Sur-Seine cedex,
    FRANCE

I posted my second application along with copies of cards, printouts, etc on March 21st……I have yet to hear anything!

What an anticlimax this is! At the very least if they are going to offer a status match, at least make it easy for the punter!

Pat

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

Since when did AF Ivory equate to BAEC Silver? both my partner and I have been accorded Ivory for our BA Silver status match. AF does not understand so how they can expect us to give up an excellent offer to try their product. What a waste of time!

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

thank you PJ.

I even went so far as asking my local KLM/AF FB service center and they had not hear anything about the promotion. Seems internal communication is shoddy in this company. One would think they would inform out stations to advise customers on processes etc.

At least an email address to follow up, before we know it our membership years will end and we will have achieved nothing.worse, nor would have AF/KLM. silly business if you ask me

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

finally, an email from KLM Austria came in today. They said they are busy and it will take a few weeks.

At least there is some acknowledgement……..phew.sounded like a scam otherwise

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi alwaysreadytofly….glad you got an acknowledgement from KLM. I still await some news.

As somebody once said “happy is he who expects nothing for he shall not be disappointed”

Pat

David
    Participant

Same holding email with me too:

Dear …

Thank you very much for your application to become a Flying Blue Elite member. We’re writing today to let you know that due to a very high number of applications at the moment, it’s taking us a little longer than usual to process your application.

But don’t worry – we haven’t forgotten you. We’ll send you an email confirming your Flying Blue status as soon as we can, within the next few weeks.

It’s worth waiting for

As soon as your Flying Blue Elite membership is confirmed, you will be able to experience all the benefits that come with your status, including access to our lounges at Paris Charles De Gaulle, Amsterdam Schiphol and SkyTeam lounges around the world. You’ll also be able to earn more Miles and enjoy Awards quicker than ever before, courtesy of Flying Blue.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard as a Flying Blue Elite member very soon.

Vistaro
    Participant

Dailytraveller, humour me how are you almost BA Premier, I long haul with BA most weeks and have always been told that Premier is by invite only, do you know different?

TominScotland
    Participant

Welcome aboard to you ersatz FB elite members (when FB finally sorts out the paperwork)!! As A Platinum for Life member, I trust that you will not further clutter the generally overcrowded lounges at Schipol and CDG or obtain priority over the likes of myself in the scarce allocation of upgrades.

PatJordan
    Participant

I sent my application via email along with the required attachments. However, I received an email form flying blue saying that they could not open the attachments.

Not a problem, I posted a cover letter with hard copies to the address quoted on the website.

Having had no reply after over 2 weeks, I sent a query via their website, explaining all the above points.

The response was a voice messge on my phone saying that they couldn’t open the attachments, the closing date had passed, so sorry etc.

Not a word about the fact that I explained that I had posted the requested info to their office and all well within the required timeframe.

Needless to say I have queried this, however I get the impression that Flying Blue don’t really want to know.

I’ll let you all know the eventual outcome.

Safe travels,

Pat

ffidrac
    Participant

After 10 days, I checked my KLM status and it had become Gold – matching my *AGold level. The day after I got the holding e-mail from KLM! Left hand, right hand issues??

But beware, a week later checking my FB account – and without warning it was now FB Silver – no reason given. Essentially this is less than useful since it doesn’t match my *G since the *G has free lounge entry and FB Silver gives lounge entry for a small cost (anything from 25 euro up) – only FBG and above have free lounge entry.

So not a status match at all and I think my allegiance goes back to *A. Suggest you check and see if you have been summarily been downgraded from the original status match!

trident3
    Participant

Re TominScotland,

Let’s all us newbies be sure to give up our seats in FB lounges if anyone comes in wearing a kilt !

Cheuchter !

PatJordan
    Participant

As expected, AF/KLM are sticking to their guns:

“Dear Mr. JORDAN,

Thank you very much for your email dated 9 April 2011 in which you enquire with regards to the Status match campaign.

I regret to hear of your disappointment. I would like to advise you that we have advised on 21 March 2011 that your Diamond club card with BMI was not received. This document was required prior to 31 March 2011. The Status match requests were only available up until 31 March 2011. We unfortunately no longer have the possibility to accept or process any more Status match requests.

Should you require any further information, your Flying Blue team remains at your disposal either by telephone on (+ 353) 0818 200018 from Ireland or by fax on (+33 1) 58 68 68 00.

Yours sincerely,

Laurent
    Flying Blue Customer Service “

I think that the above reply says it all!

Safe travels,

Pat

ffidrac
    Participant

Follow up from last post – today have been returned to FB Gold – so now proper status match with my *AG – so they seem to get it right eventually (wonder if they underestimated the status match demand from all those frequent flyers out there?)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls