AF/KLM Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

• cityprofessional
    Participant

To be fair the promotion does not say “top tier to top tier”, it says “membership at an equivalent level”. The benefits of FB gold are pretty much the same as DC gold (lounge, priority bags, bonus miles, preferential seating)

It always surprises me how many people complain both here and on Flyertalk about how unfair the various status matching promotions are. Given that you are getting something for nothing, and the vast majority of us have no intention of swapping alliances, but might benefit from status on the occasional flight where you have no choice but use a different alliance, it does seem rather churlish to be moaning

Potakas
    Participant

It depends from the point of view, for example if your point of you is that AF/KLM is the one that needs our business then everything changes.

In my business if I want to attract a client I will try to give him something better than the one he/she already enjoys. I will not try to attract someones business by giving him a worst product and worst benefits.
    (In the bmi’s case I say worst product in terms of route network/lounges)
    I could buy a bmi ticket sometimes but there is a huge difference from making them my favorite airline.

Potakas
    Participant

On flyertalk, a user posted the T&Cs,

http://www.thanks-by-flyingblue.com/pdf/Terms_and_conditions_Flying_Blue_Status_Match_Offer_EN.pdf

There are many examples of how they will match.

trident3
    Participant

Any idea how long the process takes ?
    I applied last Friday.

Hope it works better than the AZ status match offer a year or so ago, still
    waiting for that one !

jpmarcel
    Participant

They make it work pretty fast.
    I applied last Friday and thanks to my VS Gold Card, I received an email today notifying my new Flying Club Gold Status.

RichardB
    Participant

Mine took four days between applying and confirmation email and status turned to platinum. I can print out the card from my FB account on the web until the real card arrives by post.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Thanks, Potakas.

I have sent in a copy of my Air Malta card with some interest.

I wonder if they will even recognise it?

BlackTower
    Participant

Thanks potakas

Will get platinum to join gold with BA and BMI

AmandipAtwal
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anyone know of other programs that will match too?
    I am a Skywards Gold and Continental gold elite?

Also Potakas thanks for letting us know about the Emirates Companion fare offer ex Athens. Booked 1st class including A380 for a great price. Cheers

Aman

trident3
    Participant

EK Skywards Gold should get you FB Gold.
    Offer T’s n C’s has 3 pages of rival cards and their
    FB equivalents

T3

AmandipAtwal
    Participant

Thanks,

Do you know of any others that are doing a similar match?

Aman

trident3
    Participant

FB Platinum notified today, many thanks to original poster.

So, LH Gold, FB Platinum, BA Blue…
    …who am I going to book with last?

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

i send my BA EC gold card and applied for this 2 weeks ago and no email confirmation or any change in my FB status. Does anyone have a number you can call or email addresss to follow up

BlackTower
    Participant

got a message from KLM saying my status would change in August after querrying!

What a load of Rubbish

Senator
    Participant

BlackTower,

Out of curiosity… Was the actual comp conditional to flying a few segments within a certain time period?

The reason for asking is simple; FB normally uses calendar year for qualification so unless there are conditions to be met for the comp, I am surprised they stated this to you. Given the big push, I would suspect there would be conditions to be made to keep it longer: “try before you buy” sort of a thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls