AF/KLM Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

They have a status match offer, I believe they comp till platinum.

http://www.thanks-by-flyingblue.com/

Regards

PatJordan
    Participant

Thanks for that Potakas. I submitted my request. Hopefully it’s accepted!

Pat

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up – this would make me far more inclined to take skyteam on my trips to Central Asia rather than trusting my life (literally) to TK each time!

AlexSW1
    Participant

Yes, thanks!

thebigseats
    Participant

This sounds good! Know pretty much zilch about AF vs. KL though……so “the how long is a pice of string” question….

………….which has the best programme (assuming there are subtle differences) AF or KL? My preferences are primarily for paid PE or J with upgardes to J or F. Thoughts?

RichardB
    Participant

Thanks for this news. I’m amazed the offer is half over already and I didn’t get any notification from FB (I gradually dropped from platinum to ivory after the service on KLM dropped so much).

janrotterdam
    Participant

Does anybody know if Lufthansa has a similar option? I am Platinum for Life with Air France, and only “Silver” in Star Alliance….so would be interested to use the match program of Lufthansa….

PatJordan
    Participant

Jan,

I asked Miles & more this very question recently. The reply I got was a generic response, essentially saying NO. My subsequent query remains unanswered.

A recent post in another thread in this forum suggested that BMI Diamond Club offered a GOLD match.

Hope this is of some help.

Pat

thebigseats
    Participant

Looking into this in a bit more detail it is somewhat flawed in terms of what they will match to FB Platinum! bmi *A Gold=FB Gold, whilst BA Gold=FB Platinum! Eh? Same with TG *A Gold. They think this equals FB Gold. I don’t think so! Surely top tier=top tier? FB can stick it, thank you very much.

cityprofessional
    Participant

thebigseats, no, that mapping seems pretty sensible. bmi *A Gold is roughly equivalent in benefits to BA EC Silver/OW Sapphire. bmi (and TG and several others) do not have a super-premium/HON/platinum equivalent, and therefore cannot be mapped to FB Platinum

Let’s face it, the reason we all choose to be bmi *A Gold is because it’s easy to get to – much easier than BA EC Gold. I’m not complaining

Still, this is an excellent deal, even if I let it lapse after one year, if nothing else then for lounge access those rare times I am forced to not fly *A, because it doesn’t fly the route (LHR/LCY-CDG, LHR/LCY-AMS, LHR-LIN, LCY-EDI)

Must get round to doing this, and thanks to P.Sepsas and others for flagging the offer

thebigseats
    Participant

Hi cityprofessional, well we will have to disagree then! LOL!

How is LH M&M Senator (*A Gold, same as BD/TG *A Gold) = to FB Plat? That’s what they are saying regarding this promo. LH M&M Sen & LH M&M Hon=FB Plat. No, that is just plain wrong in my book!

cityprofessional
    Participant

So, thebigseats, I guess you are looking forward to when Diamond Club gets converted into M&M, because in your view it is just as easy to get to LH Senator, as it is to DC Gold?! 😉

Maybe if Diamond Club hurries up, then your DC *A Gold will get converted into LH SEN, which you can then convert into FB Platinum!

I guess the issue is that *A has no equivalent of platinum status in all its programmes, and that’s one drawback of this alliance

thebigseats
    Participant

I am not debating the ease (or not) of obtaining status in either DC or M&M.

The issue is that FB says they will match top tier for top tier. Their claim, not mine. They simply are not offering this. Fact. They say they will match FB PLat. They will not. Period. Enjoy FB,

Potakas
    Participant

During one strike period I was on board a bmi flight, they give me an application for status match, they matched my status to bmi’s silver (from BA Silver). I sent them back that bmi’s silver doesn’t give me the benefits that BA does. They told me that this is the way they match status.

I sent them back asking them to cancel my DC account as I don’t tend to leave BA in order to enjoy less benefits 😀
    They didn’t reply to me, neither canceled my account.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls