AF pilot strike; minor side-effect

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

DavidGordon10
    Participant

To renew the Flying Blue Gold Card, you either need a certain number of miles flown, or 30 qualifying flights within the year.

As it happens, six of my qualifying flights would have been in the time covered by the strike. All of them were cancelled. So what do I do – rush round before the end of December with an additional six-flight mileage run?

To add insult to injury, two flights taken just before the strike are showing in my mileage summary with no credit against them – presumably because I did not use the return part of the ticket, which was on strike day one.

Does AF want us to be “loyal”?

christopheL
    Participant

AF computers are nothing else than computers. Should you not fly you will not be credited neither miles nor qualiflying miles.

I had the same problem as yours and was to be short of 1 flight at the end of 2014 to renew my FB gold card for 2015.

I just sent an email to Flying Blue to explain the situation and kindly asked for a credit of 2 qualiflying flights for my 2 cancelled flights.

I got an answer within 24h : “Your account has been credited with 2 qualiflying flights”.

You just need to use the flyingblue.com website an select “support” + “contact us by email” then log in + select “others” as the subject of your email.

As I’m French I used the French FB office. Should you need any help to get the same treatment, please fell free to ask me.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I feel there may be more industrial action from the AF pilots in the months ahead.

According to reports over the weekend, AF management intends to proceed with its plans for Transavia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/11/us-airfrance-strike-transavia-idUSKCN0I00V020141011

Charles-P
    Participant

In my view the unions may have bitten off more than they can chew with Air France CEO Alexandre de Juniac, the work he did to restructure Thales in the face of massive union opposition should be a lesson to them. This is not a man who backs down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls