AF 5108 no privileges for Gold members

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Albi143
    Participant

I booked a flight from Paris to Mumbai on the Airfrance website. I am Gold card holder since 2009 and have overall 300 flights on Airfrance frames.
    I was quite chocked to learn, that my flight actually was not Airfrance but Jet airways and that in CDG Terminal 2 C none of my privileges I have with my Gold status would work. No priority check in, no priority boarding, no lounge access. After all these years of being a loyal AF client this is unacceptable and will refrain from using AF in the future. This was as they say in France – Le gout qui fait deborder la vase -. Albi!$#

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

So, based on a single poor experience, you decide to boycot AF?

Isn’t that a little extreme?

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

It’s the Albigensian Heresy all over again! Poor Air France. Maybe OP has never heard of codeshare flights.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Maybe its just me, but shouldn’t the flight number being in the 5000’s have given a clue that just perhaps this was a codeshare flight operated by another airline. As someone who has flown 300 times on AF, the OP must have been surprised by the flight number alone. I agree fully with seasonedtraveller as well, one bad experience and you write them off. With that approach you will run out of airlines fast!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Oh dear, another first time poster who probably asked AF for compensation threatening to tell the world about his (or her) experience if he didn’t get it.

Come on Albi, 300 flights on AF metal alone, Gold card as well, you should have been posting here ages ago and I’m sure we’d all benefit from your advice. But one thing goes wrong and you say “never again AF”!

Besides, I’m not even sure this is AF’s fault. If it was an AF ticket with an AF flight number (even 4 digits) you should have been allowed to use the AF lounge. A quick look at the website even says following the codeshare agreement that all privileges etc will be maintained and honored by the respective partner.

It onl;y takes one bad experience to destroy a strong relationship. Who is to know the next time it will happen. A flight booked with an airline shoudl be with that airline or the airline should look after a premium passenger (gold) as if it was a flight with them

dutchyankee
    Participant

Buyer beware, especially these days with global alliances. How someone who supposedly has flown 300 flights with AF in six years does not or did not know that some flights might be codeshare, and that a flight number in the 5000’s might be odd or indicate a code share, is beyond belief. Too write off AF for that after being so loyal is ridiculous. While the OP states he/she is Gold with AF/Skyteam, I assume he/she was not booked in a premium cabin as he/she would have been granted lounge access, priority check in and priority boarding on that basis alone.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Gold isn’t top tier in Flying Blue, I doubt AF are interested in the rant of a second tier card holder who to miss out on the privileges claimed was presumably flying in economy.

Code shares have great value in allowing you to easily book a through ticket to almost anywhere on the planet. I’ve never though booked one unknowingly, if you’re paying attention during the booking process I would suggest it was impossible. I doubt either any reputable agent would do it without informing you.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@JohnHarper – 04/02/2016 13:26 GMT

+1

SimonS1
    Participant

I’m not aware Jet is a member of Skyteam so If I read this right (knowing nothing about AF) this is the equivalent of a BA Silver on a codeshare flight being refused lounge access on a flight operated by a non OW airline?

If so it is probably right – a BA Silver on a non OW codeshare would also normally be refused. Isn’t that what happens with say Vueling?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls