Aeroflot New Cabin

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello LondonCity!

It might not be appropriate here but just a quick question..is there anyway on Earth to find out which routes ( more or less ) are getting the new BA 777-300ER s ???..long ago ,BA had said they would be ORD,BOM,DEL,DXB but not on all rotations understandably ..now when I check the website and attempt to make a booking ,I just get the output as 777 so I can t tell whether it is the older 200 version or the 300ER one …thanks !

Vertrek
    Participant

BA 777 Y width is 17,5″
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_777-200.php

AF 777 Y width is 17″
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-200_A.php

It’s a mere 0.5 I don’t think 10Y is as bad as we think here.

However the AF A380 Y width is 19″
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Airbus_A380_V2.php

I don’t think 0.5″ Is a big difference. =)

first_class_please
    Participant

KSHaggag, see http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/b77w.htm for the 773 routes.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Vertrek – 03/11/2012 17:35 GMT

I agree, I doubt anyone would notice a 0.5″ difference on a seat width after all, I suspect no one expects to be comfortable in longhaul Y anyway and the economics of 10 across must make sense particularly for carriers who have high labour costs.

It seems it’s already the norm and no doubt BA will join the masses. Perhaps SQ will hold out, who knows.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks a million First-class-please !…..ok that s a dashboard but reflecting past operations …I need to know in advance before I book that that specific flight is operated by a 777-300ER or not ,,.,…the destinations which received the new type are changing and are not always the same .,so it is very much an adhoc process ….I need BA to specify it on the booking engine and clearly mention which version I am about to book ..this is crucial and can surely affect my decision whether to go for BA or not ..thanks !

first_class_please
    Participant

KSHaggag, nothing specific of course but you can see the only routes rostered so far are NRT, HKG, BOM, JFK, DXB, PVG, IAD, BOS, LAX and IAH.

So any other route is most unlikely to have it yet.

On topic, how do S7 the Oneworld partner compare in product to Aeroflot?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks first-calss-please !!!..you are right in a way !..I expect BA to be more transparent in this !….

Generally speaking ,I have never flown S7 ,but the colors on the a/c are enough to deter me from trying it anytime sooner or later !…it looks indeed like a military aircraft ..how on Earth has the airline management overlooked this ??!!

kevin0820
    Participant

I just flew them Aeroflot Y from Rome to Moscow connecting to Washington D. C., very nice crew, exceptional on-time performance, there was 9 seating across and more leg room than when I flew Alitalia from JFK to Rome going there, food was plentiful, more tailored to the Russian taste since most of their passengers are Russian this seemed reasonable to me, and cabin crew worked almost entire 11 hour flight, American crew you might see for dinner and breakfast and not the 7 hours in between, I was very satisfied with them, Kevin

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I brief note to add to this thread: I have just completed three sectors with Aeroflot, SVO – FRU and back, and then SVO – PRG, all in J. Excellent on-time service, and superb food and drink. Strongly recommended, much better than my previous experience flying to SVO with another airline.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Sounds refreshing to hear this especially for those Skyteam fans ..this will make their life a bit easier to safeguard their Gold and Platinum tier by adding one more (reliable ) carrier to the list .

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls