Aeroflot A330-300 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Ingrid28
    Participant

This was the first time I had flown Aeroflot, and I won’t be doing so again unless I really need to.

This airline still has a long way to go to meet international standards of efficiency and service.

I flew from Hong Kong to Heathrow.

When checking in to my outbound flight I was told that the flight would be delayed by several hours, so I was moved to a direct flight with Cathay Pacific. Fine. Except they cancelled my booking on my return flight as well, without even bothering to tell me. I only found out when was trying to check in again at Heathrow. They eventually sorted it out, and I was able to check in.

Seating assignment was bizarre. The flight was only half full, yet some people (including myself) were seated next to strangers in 2-seat rows, while other people had a row of 4 seats to themselves! Why?? I was told at check-in that there were no seats available on emergency aisle rows (important to me as I’m 6ft tall), yet once on the plane I could see that there was more than one free. The seats themselves were about the same as on any other plane when upright, but had limited legroom, and the legroom was further reduced when the seat was reclined as it seemed to go forwards as well as back. Not a comfortable journey.

The cabin crew were the rudest I have ever experienced. They were all surly, looking as if they resented being there. Despite addressing me several times, none of them seemed to realise that I don’t speak Russian. At one point when serving drinks one steward didn’t even bother to address me, but just gave me a nudge instead. On more than one occasion a member of staff bumped into me, sometimes waking me up, but there was never an apology. I know there are cultural differences, but the occasional phrase such as ‘please’ ‘thank you’ and ‘would you like…?’ wouldn’t go amiss, rather than barking single words. And would it kill them to smile occasionally?

The food was mediocre at best, I regretted not buying sandwiches at the airport. And you can only have alcohol if you buy it. Limited choice of films and TV.

Finally, when I arrived at Hong Kong, my luggage didn’t. Except it did, but only after an hour, after I and several others had completed missing baggage forms.

All in all, a rather less than competent airline, which needs to examine its customer service standards and provide training for its staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls