Aer Lingus seeks up to 900 job cuts

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Two days ago it was British Airways.

Now it’s Aer Lingus’ turn.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0501/1136063-aer-lingus-jobs-cuts/

However there is some good news for air links to N Ireland.

Govt subsidy will, amongst other routes, safeguard LHR-BHD which is operated by Aer Lingus.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-safeguard-vital-great-britain-northern-ireland-air-links

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Does anyone recall the undertakings given by BA when they bought BMI regarding protecting BHD-LHR? I wonder if the route is quietly going to be downgraded to only be provided by EI? An opportunity to close the lounge, loose more staff, provide a worse service to pax generally (no business class, probable change of terminals at LHR required for longhaul connections) and of course further erode any benefits to status card holders by removing the ability to earn points or Avios?
    Perhaps I just have too much time on my hands these days and an overactive imagination but BA were happy to split the route with EI, both going to LHR and annoyingly the EI fares were generally higher in my experience. Ho hum.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

SGJNI1961 wrote, “Perhaps I just have too much time on my hands these days and an overactive imagination”.

No. You certainly don’t. Thank you for your post, and for the information, that’s helpful. We and everyone have to watch airlines like hawks, and hold them to account. It’s sad but true.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls