Aer Lingus poised to announce new N American destinations

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Irish media is speculating that Aer Lingus will be adding Pittsburgh (USA) and Montreal (Canada) to its network in 2019.

An official announcement is expected soon.

One or both cities could be served by the long-range A321s which Aer Lingus will acquire in 2019.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-to-add-two-new-north-american-destinations-1.3585382#.W2Vz7RcdUCA.twitter

openfly
    Participant

That sounds awful. The idea of sitting for 8 hours, or more, in a narrow-body aircraft, squatting in an “ironing-board” seat, with minimal legroom sounds horrific. No thanks Willy.

pheighdough
    Participant

Openfly I think quite the contrary, the Pittsburgh route is a direct reflection of the recently launched BA route (clever marketing by IAG in my opinion), with the added bonus of US immigration in Dublin and feeder routes from regional airports. Montreal still an attraction, and interests me from my local airport albeit you can’t do the early customs clearance.

I’ve always been a fan of the B757s on the longer route and can’t see the A321s being much different. I find the Aer Lingus Premium product adequate for the N Atlantic hop.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=879691]That sounds awful. The idea of sitting for 8 hours, or more, in a narrow-body aircraft, squatting in an “ironing-board” seat, with minimal legroom sounds horrific. No thanks Willy.[/quote]

I think you are assuming that SH configuration is to be used. More likely to be like the mid haul config that BA uses with 2-1 lie flat seating in J and more leg room in Y.

I have done Frankfurt to Accra on the PrivatAir 737s (which ironically BA are subbing now) and it was quite pleasant.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Aer Lingus connections to N America benefit from pre clearance…

Worth the Dublin shuffle IMHO….

openfly
    Participant

I hear what everybody is saying. Personally I would never do the economy high-density ironing-board seats for 8 hours. I’m sure that the Business product will be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls