Aer Lingus @ LHR T5.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Nothing confirmed yet but apparently EI will be serving DUB and HAM from T5 from MAR.

I’m not sure if the DUB flights will be BA flights operated by EI or EI operating their own flights.

I believe this is to allow BA to move some of their own shorthaul aircraft to LGW to cover the expanded operation down there with the acquisition of the ex Monarch slots.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Wise since they’re all the same company (to shareholders) and if LHR ever expands sensibly and creates T5D and T5E all of IAG can operate from one terminal.
    ‘Though takes away connections from T3 and causes longer transfers there.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I contacted Aer Lingus

“We can confirm Aer Lingus will operate a wet lease for British Airways commencing 9 February until 23 March 2018.

Both the cockpit and cabin crew will be Aer Lingus.

The schedule will operate daily from Dublin-London Heathrow-London Heathrow-Hamburg-Hamburg-London Heathrow-London Heathrow-Dublin.”

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

And here’s what BA says, though there may be further info coming today

“We are speaking with a number of airlines and examining a range of options, to cover late delivery of new aircraft and potential use of very recently acquired slots at Gatwick.”

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

… and here it is (it just applies to one aircraft).

“We often move our aircraft between airports to support our operation. Aer Lingus will be operating some flights for us while one of our aircraft which is normally located at Heathrow, temporarily moves to Gatwick”

kevin46
    Participant

Where does that leave CE pax, given that EI is all economoy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls