Aer Lingus Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

tomobrien
    Participant

My experience is more to do with my fiancée in Cork Airport on her trip to Malaysia, through Amsterdam. We were checking in at 4.00a.m. Saturday morning 03/08/13 and she had extra suitcase for her journey. The lady could not do more for us and she helped us and gave us advice on the extra weight, because we were rushing I did not get her name. We appreciate her patience and advice. Thank you so much.

Shanwick1249
    Participant

Aer Lingus are generally great. It’s a cheap and cheerful experience these days, but it *is* cheap and it *is* cheerful. Just did LHR-DUB-LHR and the whole thing could not have been better.

I did get a ridiculous text from the airline the night before departing DUB warning me that in this “very busy period” passengers were advised to be at the airport THREE hours before departure. Madness. For my evening departure I don’t think there were three other passengers in the entire building (T2) – and otherwise everything was perfect.

Am disappointed, but not surprised, that BA has made no attempt to compete on fares since coming back to this route. The equivalent BA tickets for this trip were more than 50% dearer, and on that basis alone it’s Aer Lingus by a mile.

PatJordan
    Participant

I agree with Shanwick, Aer Lingus service is generally excellent and very good value fares too.

Their Gold Circle Club is a small but good programme with good benefits. A recent development is the pre-order meal facility: meal is guaranteed and no need to worry about having small notes/coins at the ready.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I like EI, too.

No bullshit, friendly and clean modern aircraft.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls