Aer Lingus: beware the apparent “bargain” fares

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

PatJordan
    Participant

Today I was trying to book flights on Aer Lingus’ website. I was particularly pleased to find a very keen business class fare from Dublin to New York (as part of my multi city search)

I went through all the usual steps, choosing specific flights, adding names, card details, etc, only to be told that the system had a problem.

I then tried the call centre. After speaking to a number of peole, including one who told me she had spent enough tie with me (!!) I asked to speak to a manager. Not only did this manager refuse to speak to me, but I wasn’t allowed to have his name “for security reasons”.

I used to be a loyal Aer Lingus customer (and Prestige Gold Circle member).

However, this experience shocked me, almost as much as the company’s refusal to honour a fare quoted to me.

Needless to say, Aer Lingus’ competitors benefitted from this experience.

I would be interested if others have had similar experiences.

Alas, the website wouldn’t let me make the

NTarrant
    Participant

A couple of years ago I had a flight booked LHR-DUB-LHR and received an email saying that the return flight was cancelled but offered me a flight two hours later. I was able to confirm it on the website, which it also gave the option to change the flight offered.

I decided to travel on the flight an hour earlier than the cancelled one but they wanted another £60.00. I phoned them and was told I had to pay £60 if I wanted the earlier flight or go on the later flight or cancel and loose the money I had paid. When I said “so there is nothing I can do” the girl replied “no, its tough luck”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls