Aer Lingus and Ryanair cancel ALL flights from Ireland on Friday

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

Greetings from a locked down Dublin. Hope everybody is keeping safe and well during this dreadful weather.

My flight to Manchester today was one of the several cancelled by Aer Lingus. The Aer Lingus website provided clear advance information about which flights were going to be cancelled, and provided a link to re-book or get a refund.

I opted to re-book next week, and within a couple of minutes, I had chosen my flights, selected my seats and checked in on-line….and all free of additional charges.

Once again, Aer Lingus service sets the standard which sets them head and shoulders above their competitors.

Safe travels all, particularly during this adverse weather.

capetonianm
    Participant

I had a similarly good experience with EI a few months ago when a flight I was booked on was cancelled due to an ATC strike (France of course). In this case I needed to travel the same day, so I rebooked via AMS on KL, and requested a refund, which was processed within 72 hours.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

All this demonstrates that where a robust customer culture exits within a company that is driven from the top, that culture is nurtured and reinforced, most problems can be dealt with quickly and effectively. The result is the customer goes away with an even higher regard for the brand then if the problem had not occurred in the first place. It isn´t rocket science. Survey after survey over the past 10+ years extol the virtue of a great customer culture emanating from a great internal culture produces higher profits. Just to rub it in to IAG my last two trips through Madrid with Iberia connecting to CX to HKG and connecting to Iberia from HKG with CX , the last occasion yesterday my bag didn´t make the transfer flight on those two occasions. The first one appeared after 72 hours, whilst I got reimbursed my costs for new clothes etc, the online process was tortuous. Yesterday Iberia found the bag and I should get it back this (Friday) afternoon. IAG ´s Leadership is an unmitigated disaster when it comes to customer service The problem is Walsh plain and simple

TominScotland
    Participant

CathayLoyalist2 – errrrr, read Pat’s post above!! Aer Lingus ARE IAG……….

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

TominScotland, I know but given the frequent negative comments about BA, Iberia and Vueling, highlighted by my two recent episodes, the Aer Lingus response as welcome and laudable as it is doesn´t detract from the shabby reign of Walsh and co. Back to the old chestnut of consistency. And hot off the Press the revealing of Walsh and Cruz´s salary packages. Walsh 4 million and Cruz 1.3 million!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls