Aer Lingus A330 J

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Last minute dash to Toronto day after tomorrow, and most convenient/best value last minute is MAN-DUB-YYZ with Aer Lingus.

Never flown longhaul with them, but online reviews seem quite positive. Does anyone have recent experience to share?

TominScotland
    Participant

For those with Irish connections, Aer Lingus serve wonderful comfort food – the best bacon and cabbage I have had in a long time in J on a DUB – BOS flight

rodders
    Participant

warm and friendly service, with good food as Tom says, and reasonable IFE, used them a few months ago to Washington and they were fine.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=814614]Last minute dash to Toronto day after tomorrow, and most convenient/best value last minute is MAN-DUB-YYZ with Aer Lingus.

Never flown longhaul with them, but online reviews seem quite positive. Does anyone have recent experience to share?

[/quote]

Used them a few times on TATL flights. Decent seat, food F&B and the crews I had were all pleasant and professional.

PatJordan
    Participant

esselle,

I’m a big fan of Aer Lingus, and find the service consistently good in Business class.

The US pre-clearance in Dublin is a great facility, and if the 51st & Green lounge is available on YYZ flights, you will enjoy some great views.

Let us know how you get on.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Note your connection from MAN to DUB will be in a Y cabin and hence you would need to pay extra for Food/Beverage (and possibly seat selection?)

Also no direct aisle access a handfull of J window seats given config althouh there are some good single seats available (if lucky)

esselle
    Participant

Thanks for the comments so far; all very encouraging!!

Am in 1C and 3K, so think seating should be good, and same seats for return on Friday.

Will let you know my thoughts once back home.

pheighdough
    Participant

Have a good trip. I try and use them whenever i can for trips to the east coast. The pre-clearance is so handy when you get there, and no queueing! Especially after the charming cabin crew look after you so well.
    I’m sure you can hold off eating till you get to Dublin, but reading another review of Manchester lounges I think avoiding those might be beneficial too.

esselle
    Participant

Whilst I could never match the eloquence of PatJordan’s posts on EI, I have arrived in Toronto mightily impressed with the whole Aer Lingus experience.

Every contact with staff was welcoming and full of charm, seat 3K on the A330 was really spacious and comfortable, the food and drink more than acceptable,backed up by very attentive service, and the IFE fine for a relatively short flight.

Well done EI!!

Hope it’s more of the same on the way home.

PatJordan
    Participant

Glad you enjoyed your trip, esselle. Thanks for your kind words too.

DavidRenton
    Participant

I’ve used EI premier to most of their destinations, and have never failed to be impressed. I think they have the friendliest crews I’ve ever met, the food offering is good, the IFE is good (one time it could only play one move in Spanish, so that was a long 7 hours). The seats are fully flat, which is a huge upgrade to their previous seats. Always my first choice for transatlantic travel. The pre-clearance is so much better than queuing at the other end, combined with global entry and it took me 5 minutes last time to get through the secondary search and CBP.

I’ve you’ve ever had the misfortune to require customer service assistance, I find their airport and telephone teams very easy to deal with.

esselle
    Participant

So my return journey YYZ-MAN was every bit as good as the outbound experience; excellent service on the short overnight flight home with the express menu served and cleared in within an hour of taking off, briskly efficient breakfast around 40 minutes before landing, and all with the friendly helpful crew appearing to love their work.

The one fly in the ointment was the wasp chewing jobsworth at the gate at DUB. Three of us from the YYZ flight stood waiting in the priority boarding lane, whilst the gate room generally was overrun with families with eager young children looking as though they were off on a Disney holiday, judging by all the mouse ears on display (Turns out they were joining a VS flight to Orlando at MAN). Our man announced that boarding would commence for families with young children. One of us pointed out that the entire plane, apart from the three of us, were families with young children, and that as we had just stepped off an overnight flight in J we would appreciate being allowed to board. His rather gobby response was that he had called families with children, not priority pax.

So we stood bewildered as at least 80 pax joined the plane, slowly, as none of them seemed that clear on how the process worked. Eventually he announced he was ready to board priority pax, so we moved forward and managed to get onboard. We were all in row 1. Thankfully, once on board it was back to the high level of hospitality we had become used to.

It is a shame to see how a single individual with seemingly little interest in allowing common sense to prevail can tarnish the experience by behaving in such a way.

mkcol74
    Participant

@esselle I’m not sure I’d have wanted to sit in row 1 with that bunch bishing, boshing and doubtlessly bashing their way past to their seats.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls