Aer Lingus 75th birthday?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Aer Lingus Aer Lingus 75th birthday?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DavidRenton 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

DavidRenton
    Participant

I think I must have missed Aer Lingus’ 75th birthday. I was through Dublin T2 on Friday 27th May, and there was no mention of the momentous occasion – no balloons, no birthday banners, not even a fake cake to be seen. The lack of celebration mode carried through into the Gold Circle lounge, where the only hint of the event was a wifi password which reflected the occasion.

I boarded the flight to the UK, and neither the crew nor the captain made any reference to the birthday.

I thought i had my dates completely wrong, then I saw a full page Ryanair ad wishing them happy birthday for 75 years of rip-off fares – so the only confirmation of the Aer Lingus 75th birthday was an advert from their old friend Michael O’Leary!

LondonCity
    Participant

Maybe it’s something to do with the threat of pending industrial action:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8548014/Aer-Lingus-pilots-vote-for-strike-action.html

DavidRenton
    Participant

I saw that alright. The hilarious part is the pilots who do turn up for their shift will arrive 1 hour late. If I did that I would get a warning from HR!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.