Aer Arann ATR 42-300 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

Check in at LCY was quick and easy, although I was not offered window or aisle, not that it was a bother as there were only 15 of us on the flight.

Calling to gate was on time and a bus was required to take us to the aircraft. The crew member was polite and friendly and welcoming. Seats are a little cramped and could have been a bit uncomfortable if someone had been sat next to me.

During the flight complimentry tea and coffee was served. I had a tea which was fine and was also given a KitKat which was most acceptable.

We arrived early at IOM and bags arrived within around two minutes of arriving at the belt.

All in all a good experience

PatJordan
    Participant

That was one of the last flights to operate under the Aer Arann brand.

The following is the text of an email I received from Aer Arann two days ago:

Dear valued customer,

We are delighted to announce that under an expansion of our existing franchise relationship with Aer Lingus, we will operate all of our services between Ireland and the UK, France and the Isle of Man under the Aer Lingus Regional brand from 25th March 2012.
    All Aer Lingus Regional flights will be available for booking on http://www.aerlingus.com from tomorrow, Thursday 15th March. Further information on Aer Lingus Regional services, operated by Aer Arann is available by clicking the button below.

As much as I like Aer Lingus, I am sad to see the Aer Arann brand disappear: they operated a good service. However, on the plus side this might mean the accrual of Gold Circle points and benefits on all the former Aer Arann flights.

Pat

NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks Pat – That would probably account for the Aer Lingus spoon, sugar and serviette. I’m travelling DUB-IOM on Thursday (22nd) so that will be my last Aer Arann.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls