Aegean Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

Str8Talking
    Participant

If anyone is interested:

“We are pleased to invite you to participate in our Status Match Campaign, offering you the equivalent Tier level in Aegean’s Miles&Bonus Programmme!

Don’t start building up your Tier from scratch. Become a Miles&Bonus member, match your Diamond Club status and continue enjoying your benefits within the entire Star Alliance network.

We look forward to seeing you onboard.

What you need to do:
    To be considered for a Status match, all you need to do is to join Miles&Bonus and send us an e-mail to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] including the following:
    • your Miles&Bonus Member ID
    • your Diamond Club membership number, and
    • a copy of your Diamond Club card.”

Senator
    Participant

You can apparently reach Star Gold with A3 through buying a LON-ZRH-BKK on Swiss, flying in discounted Business fare one way and returning in a mid-level Economy the other way. Other perks seem to be status for three years. Haven’t looked at this in much detail, but I hear from many sources this is the simplest Star Gold out there.

TrolleyDolley
    Participant

May I ask where Str8talking, you found this information?? Thanks

Str8Talking
    Participant

An email sent directly from Aegean Airlines. I have made many Diamond Club redemptions with Aegean so I assume they cross referred data!

TrolleyDolley
    Participant

Thanks for that information:)

LeTigre
    Participant

In related news, Aegean appears to be added and transferring flights to London Gatwick.

http://airlineroute.net/2012/05/25/a3-lgw-w12/

Athens – London Gatwick
    A3606 ATH0815 – 1015LGW 321 x167
    A3607 LGW1115 – 1700ATH 321 x167

Larnaca – London Gatwick
    A3758 LCA1250 – 1550LGW 320 D
    A3759 LGW1640 – 2320LCA 320 D

I wonder what’s happening to the Larnaca slots at Heathrow?

TrolleyDolley
    Participant

Would like to thank Srt8Talking for posting this – Aegean have proved incredibly fast at both responding to emails and implementing their status match – and what an ingenious way to get more loyal customers! Good on them!

slotski
    Participant

Agree with TrolleyDolley – thanks Str8Talking, I got a Gold Status match and they sorted it very quickly.

Str8Talking
    Participant

You’re welcome! Glad to have been of help.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Couple of things here. What does Aegean gain if everyone status matches then flies LX, LH etc?

Indeed miles earned are the same but you lose the 25% bonus you would get flying LX with an M&M card.

Then I noticed a ticket in F to S. Africa or N. America is priced at 150,000 and 120,000 miles respectively. Via the M & M site it’s priced at 170,00 miles to each destination!

Anyone know the answers?

slotski
    Participant

I received my Gold Aegean Star Alliance card today valid till the end of 2015! Not sure how good their programme is, but at least I get lounge access with Star

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls