Advise Needed for a New Traveller to the Southeast USA

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

WildBill
    Participant

I’m new to the forum here so if I’ve posted to the wrong forum please move. I also did a search on my topic and could not find anything. Please direct me to a previous topic if there has already been discussion on my topic.

Soon I will be moving somewhere in the south-eastern US. I will be traveling the area frequently including Texas and Oklahoma. Travel will be Tuesday through Thursday. I currently live in Southern California. Every area is different to live in but I’m looking for something that I can pallet since I’m a true Los Angels type guy.

I’ve searched a bit and Atlanta is easiest for travel via Delta but would like to know if there are any other options. I commonly get mixed reviews on the city.

If any of you travel extensively in the south-east USA please chime in on where you live and how you like it. If you live in Atlanta, please direct me to an area to live; Midtown, Buckeye, etc. and even better if it was specific to a building like 1010 Midtown.

My stay will be 3.5 to 5 years and it is only me, no family or pets. I’d like to keep things simple so a high rise was the first thing that came to mind. I’m open to all options but I certainly do not want a travel nightmare on top of a huge work load.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Atlanta
    Participant

Hello Bill, I am a Real estate Agent and USC Alumni who lives in Midtown Atlanta and I would be happy to assist you. I think I could offer some great advise to help you out.

As someone who was corporately relocated accross the country 3 times with three seperate Fortune 500 companies, I think I might be able to better relate to your needs then most other agents. I have been in Atlanta for 3 years and have been acting as an Agent and Principle in the Residential Real Estate market here. On my website listed below you will find more about my background and specifics on the various areas and buildings in Atlanta. I think you will find it quite helpful.

My website draws a lot of hits, and I have a strong following of relocation clients. Just today I am closing a corner 2 bedroom unit at 1010 with a couple being relocated from Virginia. They actually saw your post on this site and offered it as a lead. Please have a look at my site/blog, and don’t hesitate to contact me.

Andrew Doyle

http://andrewdoyle.gmragent.com

toonfan62
    Participant

Having lived in Dallas for a year it was a great place to be – and one of those equally so if you’re single or married! Only problem is you’ll end up flying American.
    It’s more family oriented than single but there are some great affordable places to live around Orlando or Miami with great connections to anywhere in the US.
    Failing that you really can’t go wrong with Atlanta from a social and travel perspective.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls