Advice for transit times in LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Travellator
    Participant

SGJNI1961

Thanks – were you replying to me re BA to BA transline. I thought the edict had been reversed for these flights although BA to other one World remains NO

PeterCoultas
    Participant

And it looks as if they are going to put in a new runway (and maybe terminal) in this already totally non-functional airport. God help us all.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

TRAVELLATOR

I suggest you read through the specific thread on this topic on flyertalk. I had a quick look earlier and (I think) the up to date is BA have changed their minds again and might now allow interline bwt their own flights. It’s very confusing!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No OW to OW through-baggage on separate tickets. BA-BA (or XX-XX for any other OW airlines) may still work. However, here you are QR-BA and unless QR are prepared to through-ticket (and it is their call, and they aren’t obliged to do it under OW rules) then you are somewhat at risk. Some research into historical patterns of delays on the first sector might help you decide whether the risk is manageable/bearable.

I think one pertinent bit of information, which others here might be able to assist on, is whether you will be allowed to check in for your onward flight more than three hours in advance? I think this is possible for business class but not sure – however, the Offspring, who have regularly been delivered by their boarding school to LHR long before their flight is due to leave, have often had to wait until three hours beforehand in order to check in. And airside at T5 is a pretty uninspiring place to wait.

Cloud-9
    Participant

I have checked in for OW J travel 4 or 5 hours pre-flight at LHR so shouldn’t be a problem

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Just to add a comment on the choice of lounges then BA’s in T5 are far superior to Iberia in Madrid which I have transited through a lot recently. The food offering in T4 is pretty basic whereas in T4S there is wider selection of hot food . That said BA T5 is far better. I’ve also found the wifi in the lounges is unreliable probably because the band with is insufficient for the demand.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

.. I should clarify the wifi problem is in Madrid not T5

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls