Advice from the regulars

Back to Forum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TominScotland 3 Sep 2019
at 17:35

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

I have looked at BA Club Europe flights from Alicante to Glasgow in March next year. The price quoted in CE is quite reasonable BUT when I checked the Tier Points calculator it said the whole journey of two sectors (ALC/LGW and LHR/GLA would earn 40 points. Flights booked separately would earn 80 points but be about £40 dearer. Is this correct re 40 points throughout on a through booking?
    As I am retired and generally earn just enough points to maintain Silver gathering points is important.

SimonS1
    Participant

It should count as 80TPs either way regardless of one or two tickets. Each leg counts separately. The TP calculator is not that reliable in this area.

capetonianm
    Participant

The TP calculator is not that reliable in this area.

Is anything reliable on BA’s website or apps?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Many thanks.

TominScotland
    Participant

It should count as 80TPs either way regardless of one or two tickets. Each leg counts separately. The TP calculator is not that reliable in this area.

This is not the case at all. Put GLA – LGW – ALC into the Calculator as two separate legs and it shows 2 x 40 TP for Club Europe. Put in GLA – ALC direct and, yes, it, correctly, shows as 40 TP. I am not sure where the problem lies. this is always the case with two legged as opposed to one legged journeys (LHR – HKG versus LHR – DOH – HKG, for example).

SimonS1
    Participant

This is not the case at all. Put GLA – LGW – ALC into the Calculator as two separate legs and it shows 2 x 40 TP for Club Europe. Put in GLA – ALC direct and, yes, it, correctly, shows as 40 TP. I am not sure where the problem lies. this is always the case with two legged as opposed to one legged journeys (LHR – HKG versus LHR – DOH – HKG, for example).

Exactly my point. The TP calculator is not reliable. You have to put in both legs so it is not intuitive.

There are no flights from Glasgow to Alicante direct so 40TPs could not be right.

TominScotland
    Participant

Alicante Airport thinks otherwise, Simon – http://www.aena.es/en/alicante-airport/destinations.html

If I remember correctly, the service is seasonal and on CityFlyer Aircraft at weekends which cannot operate to LCY. I find the TP calculator very reliable – you just need to accept the need to split your journey if connecting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller October 2019 edition
Business Traveller October 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls