Advice for somewhere to stay in Dubrovnik

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

RogerVictor
    Participant

This may not be the appropriate site for it but you guys seem fairly switched on, mostly, and well travelled 😉

I have just snatched up a bargain Club Europe return to Dubrovnik at the end of August and was wondering if any of you globe trotters had any advice for somewhere to stay in Dubrovnik.

I don’t want to stay in a resort – a B&B or local hotel – high end- would be perfect, ideally within the old city or within walking distance.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

StephenLondon
    Participant

I’ve stayed twice at the Excelsior Hotel & Spa, Dubrovnik. It is just outside the old town (ideal for manic days when large cruise ships come into port), but is slightly elevated, so you get some superb views. I’m heading back to Dubrovnik this autumn, and will try the Hilton to use up some points, but I’ll bet I’d prefer to be back in some of the nice, spacious, roomy accommodation of the Excelsior. If you do stay, plump for an old room, rather than the new wing – they’re just superb! Enjoy…it is a nifty part of the world…

Potakas
    Participant

I haven’t stayed in Dubrovnik but i spend two years in Kotor at Montenegro, i suggest you to rent a car and go there for one day trip, maybe you will notice people looking you strange if your car has Croatian License Number but is totally safe. My parents had many trips to Dubrovnik and they always were booking at ”Karmen Apartments”

Here is a link from trip advisor :

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g295371-d1025829-Reviews-Karmen_Apartments-Dubrovnik.html

Reagards,

Potakas

PFidjes1
    Participant

Dubrovnik Hilton is nice, just outside the gates to the Old City

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hilton Dubrovnik is the best hotel in town. The locally run/branded hotels have very questionable service and standards. As stated earlier, The Hilton is right near the Old City Walls with great rooms, and good facilities. Be sure to get rooms in the main tower, and not the annex which is only open during high season. I Have to say, while Dubrovnik itself is an incredibly scenic historic city, there isn’t much to do there so I hope you are planning to take advantage of the beaches in other cities, or go to the islands.

flyingdutchman
    Participant

We are just back from Dubrovnik and stayed in 5* Rixos Libertas.

Nice place, 15 minute walk to the old town.

But dutchyankee is right, there is not much to do in Dubrovnik.

Potakas
    Participant

Sorry for giving wrong recommendation, you clearly said ” don’t want to stay in a resort – a B&B or local hotel”

Regards,

Potakas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls