Advertising at airports?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

FraserB
    Participant

I was wondering what people thought of the advertising at airports?

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

In some drab airports its the only splash of colour you see!!
    What I did think was very effective was all the Mamma Mia posters on all available boards at Lhr T5 when it first opened.

TominScotland
    Participant

The most incongruous airport advertisment I have seen is one for Lidl, the budget supermarket, that you pass on your way through arrivals at Luqa Airport, Malta.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

What about the advertising on the side of airbridges?

Germany, Georgia and Turkey spring to mind.

I find that a bit tacky.

Simon

watersz
    Participant

I cant help but read the flashing images on the walls of tunnels as the train speeds to the airport as in narita japan

also not an advert but a sign i read at one place said ali baba only knew 40 our security guards know a lot more than that — watch you belongings!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Simon you are right “tacky”, but so too is BarnesG, it can bring colour to an otherwise drab looking concourse.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

True, Martyn. The problem I have with airbridge advertising is that it tends to be the first thing that draws your attention when you arrive.

I do like the signs on the side of the airbridges at Vilnius, though – they simply wish you a safe and happy trip. If they weren’t in Lithuanian, I would have been led to believe that Jonathan had written them!

Cheers, Simon

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I suppose they help while away the time when on the travelator, otherwise I don’t really notice them. My son has taken a very nice photo of his younger brother, in front of the SAA business class advert showing a Hippo lying fully flat on the new SAA seat. It really looks as if he is sitting on the plane next to the hippo.

Slightly off track, but I used to like the “Pretty Polly” adverts on the London Underground. Sadly now removed as being non “PC”!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls